39

Gabi

"Hey you, we are gonna play a board game,"

I looked up from my phone and saw Ashton stood at the door, Calum peeking over his shoulder. He gave me a grin and then ducked under Ashton's arm to give me a hug.

"I missed you. Sorry for making you uncomfortable the other day,"

"It's okay,"

"It's cluedo," Ashton said, "Wanna be on my team?"

"Yeah,"

I got out of bed and into the hall, then the pair of them both made a quiet noise, before bursting into laughter.

"Get back in there,"

"What this time?"

"Your neck,"

"Can you see them?"

"Oh boy," Ashton sighed, "You can't, but it looks pretty orange,"

I whined and grabbed a makeup wipe,  rubbing the foundation off.

"I'm gonna have to put a turtleneck back on,"

"Why?"

"Dad can't see these,"

"He's seen you making out with Maddox, I am sure this will not phase him,"

"He what,"

"Oops," Calum said, "Cluedo?"

His hold was too tight for me to get out of, so we went downstairs and I wriggled out of his arm, making myself a few steps behind.

"Did they drag you down here?" Sierra asked.

"Yes. For Cluedo,"

"I've heard you're good at it,"

"Oh,"

"How are you feeling?"

Before I had chance to come up with a response, she gave me a hug, my arms wrapping round her.

I felt my chest close, and choked out a sob, then held her tightly and pressed my face into her shoulder. I was taller then her, so it was kind of awkward, but she embraced it.

"Michael spoke to me, I'm gonna rethink your medicine. Is that what's up? If it's that don't worry,"

"No,"

"Oh... okay,"

"You make me really angry, and scared, but I like you and you're so kind, and you make us happy. So you confuse me, and I really like this hug," I sobbed, "I can't let go,"

"You don't have to let go,"

"Why can't I stop crying? I never cry,"

"Stop asking that question," dad said, "I'm kind of glad to see you crying for once, you have to let it all out,"

"It's the medicine and the surgery," Sierra said quietly.

"Okay,"

"Are you gonna let go so we can play cluedo?"

"No,"

"Oh,"

"I can't,"

I felt like my arms were locked round her.

More importantly, I felt like I was going insane.

And I was sure everyone was just as confused as me about how much of a rollercoaster my emotions were towards her.

"Why don't you team with her? Then you can sit together," Ashton suggested.

"Okay,"

"Would you like a drink?"

I opened my eyes and looked to dad, my nose twitching as I took deep breaths; he tilted his head to the side and looked me in the eyes, then brought over a cluedo sheet and put it in my hand.

"I bet I could beat your ass,"

"No," I said, standing up straight, "We will beat you,"

"I'll believe it when I see it,"

I let go of Sierra and took my seat, Ashton wiping my tears for me.

"The game face is on,"

"Mhm. Watch out. The girls are gonna beat you,"

We won. Obviously.

It turned out Sierra was pretty good at following my lead, and we played in sync.

The guys decided it was a good time to leave after that, probably due to me, so they all said goodbye and went home.

I stayed next to Sierra and looped arms, pressing my side against her.

"Has anything in particular upset you, angel?" Dad asked, "You can talk to us about anything,"

"Everything,"

"Okay. What has made everything become this level of stressful?"

"The card,"

He nodded and reached over, taking my free hand.

"Would you like to talk to someone else about all of this? Someone who doesn't already know you? Sometimes that can make talking even harder,"

"Maybe,"

"Okay, I will see what I can do. I think all of us have a lot of preconceptions, and our own emotions are making it hard to help. And I know I opening up to parents about things is hard, I really do,"

"I am tired of everything right now,"

"I know sweetheart, I don't blame you. We are going to go into work tomorrow so you can chill out, and we will sort your medicine out. Then you can see Sierra at lunch,"

"Are you staying today?" I asked, "Over?

"If that's okay?"

"Mhm,"

I bit my lip as I hugged her arm tighter, then dad came behind and hugged us both, placing a kiss on each of our cheeks.

Then, he pried me off her, and picked me up to take me upstairs, putting me on my bed and drawing the curtains.

"You need to sleep,"

"Yeah,"

"She is amazing, isn't she?"

"Yeah," I whispered.

"I know it's scary to trust people, but I think we got lucky. Sleep well my darling, I am so proud of you, I love you, and I hope you have a sweet dream,"