40

Luke

"How much blood do they wanna take from me?"

"I know," I laughed, "Well done,"

"All I did was sit here,"

"You sat very well," Calum smiled, "Blood pressure was taken, temperature is normal, incision looks good. I need your height and weight,"

"Incase I've grown taller all of a sudden?"

"Precisely,"

She got off the bed and he took it, then he wrote it down and smiled again, pulling out a sticker from the drawer.

"Everything looks good,"

"I am 18,"

"And?"

"Don't give me a sticker,"

She seemed quite offended, then stuck it on Calum instead, twiddling her thumbs.

"Sorry. Do you have any questions for me?"

"Maybe,"

"What?"

She shrugged and Calum took his gloves off, tilting his head.

"Everything is where it should be. You've got to remember you've been in bed for a while, with new medicines, and that you suddenly have an appetite, thank god, because we have been waiting for that one,"

"Yeah. Okay,"

He seemed to answer her question without her asking, and she perked up again, looking at me with a grin.

She then hopped off the bed and took my hand, trying to tug me out, so I thanked Calum and followed her.

I took the lead and we went to my office to chill, and she laid on the sofa, a blanket pulled across her. I made her drink orange juice, then she fell asleep, which was good because she always felt a bit funny after blood tests and this meant she passed the worst of it.

Since there was quiet, I sat down and began on some work, which was mainly verifying what the interns had said and done.

I also responded to some emails sent from patients. It wasn't the most exciting or fulfilling work I had done, but it was nice to work my brain a bit.

"Boom,"

"Hello," I laughed, Sierra coming in, "What's up?"

"New medicine,"

"Already?"

"I got your email,"

"I didn't... huh. I was going through all my intern stuff I must've gone through yours as I was at it,"

"Well thank you anyway, Calum sorted most of it,"

I took the boxes and she leant down to kiss me, but I pulled her onto my lap which made her giggle, then she kissed me.

"I am thinking of perhaps staying at yours. She's gonna have a rough few nights, we can take turns or I can help in some way at least,"

"Sounds good,"

"Is she okay now? After yesterday? I mean, she doesn't actually like me that much, right?"

"I think she does, she just doesn't know how to show that,"

"I would love to build a relationship with her,"

"She would too,"

"Have you found a therapist?"

"A few, I will let her choose,"

"Man or woman?"

"I'm thinking a man, she's had more male figures, I feel it might be easier. And she probably won't get... attached. I know that sounds bad,"