Angel

Abhimanyu

*The Goenka Villa echoes the laughter of both families as they tease each other over their dance performances. 

Akshara makes sure that nobody can figure out that she had been crying and quietly joins the others in the hall. 

A few minutes later, she excuses herself to go to the restroom. In her absent mindedness, she collides with Abhi*

Abhi-"This is the second time Miss Careful hasn't herself been careful..." He teases her.

*Akshara doesn't even look up and mumbles an awkward apology.*

Abhi- "Akshara, are you all right?" 

Akshara- "Yeah...I'm...I'm fineee...sorry..."

*She runs away from him and for the first time, Abhi sees a different Akshara. The playful girl whom he might have even called 'irritating' yesterday was gone. This girl was a totally different person*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akshara

*Akshara rushes to the washroom where her sobs break out. For years, she and Aarohi have had a fallout but with every passing day, the pain keeps tearing her heart apart into tiny little pieces*

"Well, did you tell him how I torture you and how you're a poor little soul who is too innocent and kind?"

*Akshara hears Aarohi's voice from behind her*

Akshara- "Whhh...what do you-uu mean?"

Aarohi- "I saw you. I know you were talking to Dr. Abhimanyu. Did you poison his mind against me already?"

Akshara- "Aaaruu... it's not like that...why do you---"

Aarohi- "Enough Akshara, these tears won't melt my heart. The heart that you broke. So please save the drama."

*With this, Aarohi walks out leaving Akshara alone in her miserable state*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abhimanyu

This idiot Neil. Because of his prank, I spilt this orange juice on my kurta. Need to find a washroom and clean this up fast.

*As Abhimanyu is walking in the corridor, he hears a faint voice. As he walks a little closer, he realises that it is the magical, mysterious voice that has been playing in his mind since yesterday. 

He reaches the last room at the end of the corridor and listens from outside the door.

As the words of "lag jaa gale" flow out in a pure melody, he notices a difference in the voice. 

The voice from yesterday was like water for a man roaming endlessly in the dessert.... like a lost, defeated man could find his purpose in that voice.

Today, the voice sounded like the girl was herself lost and was looking for a way out. The voice was laced with pain and fear. 

Out of nowhere, Abhi reaches out to touch his own chest. It was like that broken voice was causing him physical pain. 

And then he heard her crying.*

I should go inside and help that girl. Something's wrong, really very wrong. 

But I don't even know her. How can I enter a girl's room without her permission? She might not like it. 

But I can't leave her alone too. 

Why can't I leave her alone? What do I even know about her? 

She needs someone. But I'm not that someone, am I?

*While a million questions ran inside his head, the sobs suddenly turned into desperate gasps. Abhi had been a doctor for far too long to not know what was happening*

Damn it! She's having a panic attack. There's no way I can wait now!

Abhi- "Ma'am, I'm sorry but I need to come in. You need immediate help. I apologise in advance but there's no way I can let you stay like that..."

*As he enters the room, he looks around but finds it empty. He realises that the voice was coming from inside the bathroom. He knocked at the bathroom door and it opened up.

There, in the corner, was Akshara, half unconscious, trying to hold on to something for support.

She was breathing heavily and with every passing second, her condition was getting worse.*

Abhi- "Aksharaaaa...."

*He runs and kneels down beside her*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akshara

I saw Mumma. A blurry image. Aarohi. 

I hear someone call out my name. But I can't seem to open my eyes and look at the person. Everything's blurry. I might fall asleep. But Kairav bhaiyya is waiting for me. I should go down. 

But nothing works. I've tried. I just can't get up. 

I should try again for one last time.

*Akshara reaches out to hold on to something again, and this time she does. She feels the fingers of a masculine hand intertwine with her own and she finally manages to look up. She sees a blurry man and out of nowhere, a single word reaches her lips*

"Angel."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abhimanyu

Abhi- "Akshara, wake up!! Aksharaaa"

*Abhimanyu lifts her up in his arms and carries her outside. He lays her down on the bed. As he tries to move away, he finds that their hands are still deeply interlocked. He carefully unwinds them and then rubs her hand. 

He picks up the glass of water from the bedside table and sprinkles a few drops but to no avail.

Please Akshara, get up. I've been dying to meet you since yesterday but I never imagined it would be like this!

He then takes her hand and places it on his chest. He starts humming the tune of "Kuch to hai tujhse raabta".....

Slowly, Akshara's breathing rate turns back to normal. After a few minutes, she opens her eyes. 

Her confused, sad and lonely eyes meet another pair of lonely, concerned and relieved ones.

Abhi- "Are you okay? I'm sorry, I heard...I thought...you needed help"

Akshara- "I'm fi---finee."

*The next two minutes pass in silence as they steal glances at each other*

Thank God she's fine or I would have- 

I would have what Abhi?

What's wrong with you? 

You don't even know her well. 

Why does she affect you so much?

She's that irritating girl from yesterday. 

She's---she's---she's just an---

His mind couldn't complete that sentence but when he saw her give him a tiny, innocent smile, his heart knew. 

She's just an- 

Angel.