Realisation

Akshara

*As the two of them step into their bedroom, Akshara breaks down...

She falls down to the floor as the events of the day play in front of her. 

Abhi goes and sits next to her quietly.

She tilts her head and places it on his shoulder...*

"We did not deserve this Abhi..." she sobs. 

*Abhi knows that Akshara needs to vent out her pain at the moment...so he quietly holds her hand and they both sit in silence.*

"Abhi... in all this chaos, we forgot the maha puja... " she says all of a sudden.

"Don't worry, Akshu...we'll go the temple together... but first you need to rest a little and I need to take a look at your foot" he says as he helps her sit on the bed. 

*He examines her foot and applies ointment to it...slowly rubbing it on her foot...

Akshara keeps looking at him, feeling a weird sense of comfort*

xx

Abhimanyu 

*As the two of them get into the car to go to the temple, the events of the day come running back to them...

Abhimanyu looks at Akshara from the corner of his eye and finds her looking out of the window. 

He thinks of everything that Nikhil had said...

 "I saw the way you looked at him!

 The look that I hoped to see on your face for me...you had it for HIM!"

Did Akshara actually like me like that disgusting Nikhil said? 

Was she really going to say no to his proposal? 

And the  way she defended me...

"You know why I'm so confident that nothing wrong happened that night? Because I know my husband!"

Should I talk to her ? But what if she takes it in the wrong way?

Akshara

*Akshara can feel Abhi's eyes on her as they drive to the temple...*

Should I ask him if he really thought I wanted to marry Nikhil?

Was Nikhil right when he said that Abhi cares for me more than what's normal?

And the way he defended me against everyone...

Fought with Nikhil for me...

Does he love- no, I shouldn't just assume anything...

xx

Abhimanyu

*As the two of them complete their puja, they touch the pandit ji's feet*

"You two look like Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati...God bless you both." The Pandit ji says. 

*Abhimanyu inwardly smiles and Akshara feels really shy...and starts to look here and there to avoid getting caught*

xx

Akshara 

*As the two of them reach the end of a very unexpected day... the satisfaction of having each other even after everything fills up their hearts with happiness...

Abhimanyu takes out his blanket from the cupboard and is going to sleep on the couch when Akshara interrupts him*

"Umm... there's....umm" she mutters.

"Is everything okay? Do you need something Akshara?" Abhi asks. 

You. I need you. She thinks. 

"Akshara?" Abhi asks her again.

"Umm... I was saying... there's.... there's enough space on....umm...the bed." She clears her throat. "The couch...umm...must not be comfortable" she adds nervously. 

"Uhh... yeah, you're right" Abhi replies in a tone that says he's a little nervous too. 

*He goes to the other side of the bed and they lie down facing away from each other...

A few minutes later, Akshara tries to take a sneak-peak at Abhi... and catches him doing the same*

"Umm... good night" Abhi says. 

"Good night" Akshara says like a child who has been caught cheating on her test. 

*In the sheer silence of the night... Akshara can hear her own heart throbbing in her chest*

"Abhi...?" she says, breaking the silence. 

"Hmm?" 

"I would have never married him, you know" she says, leaving Abhi speechless. 

xx

*Abhi steps closer to Akshara and looks into her eyes... she nods her approval and Abhi palms her cheeks as their faces grow closer...

Slowly, his lips brush hers and Akshara inhales his scent.

"Abhiii..." she moans.

"Akshara? You okay?" Abhi's voice wakes Akshara up and she opens her eyes to find him looking at her with a weird expression. "You okay?" He asks again.

*Akshara turns red with embarrassment.* "Yeash...umm...why are you asking?" she lets out a nervous laughter. 

"Uh, I thought I heard my name..." he says looking at her in a confused manner.

"NO!" she says a little too loudly... "I mean no... I didn't...why would I? You must be dreaming, I wasn't dreaming though...I swear I wasn't!" She says trying to hide her weird behaviour.

"Uh...okay..." Let's sleep then.

*Akshara stays up for hours wondering why the dream felt so beautiful...wondering why somewhere within her heart she was hoping it turns out to be true.

xx

*The next morning, Akshara prepares tea for Abhimanyu and takes it to the garden where he's working out... 

As she finds him doing push-ups and sees the sweat covering his biceps, her dream from last night comes running back into her mind and she starts blushing again*

"Akshara?" Abhi smiles confusedly seeing her expressions...

"No, I wasn't thinking about anything... I wasn't even thinking about that-" she starts talking without a pause again. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" he raises an eyebrow. 

"No. Yes. I mean--" she places the mug on the table and runs away. 

You need to tell him Akshara. 

You need to tell him about your feelings or you'll go crazy!

Today...once he comes back from the hospital, I'll tell him...

I don't know how he'll react... but I can't keep this inside me for another day!

Author's Note: Akshara is all set to confess her love to Abhi... what do you think will happen now? 

And as always...Would love to read your feedback and don't forget to show some love :")