The Past

Abhimanyu

*As Abhimanyu checks Akshara's pulse and ensures she is alright...she slowly opens her eyes...*

"Abhi..." she whispers desperately.

"Shh...Akshara, you need to rest..."

*As she tries to get up, he helps her sit and brings the plate of food that the staff just brought in...

He takes a bite and tries to make her eat, but she remains quiet and uncomfortable...*

"Abhi...I don't..." 

"Shh...you're going to eat a little, take your medicine and then rest quietly... no arguments, okay?" he says calmly.

*She nods and a tear rolls down her eye... Abhi wipes it and feeds her...

After giving her the medicine, he makes her lie down and hums her to sleep...*

xx

*As Akshara falls asleep...Abhi goes to meet Manjari...*

"Maa, are you okay?" he asks as he enters Manjari's room.

"Yes beta, I'm absolutely fine... Akshara saved me in time* she smiles.

*She looks at Abhi's sad expressions...*

"You're worried about Akshara, aren't you?" she asks.

As Abhi gives her a confused look, she explains, "Abhi, while Akshara ran to save me, I saw a look on her face...a look of terrible pain and loss... she screamed 'mumma' as she held me and saved me from falling... but her state after that...she was in a lot of pain, Abhi... you need to take care of her..."

*Abhi nods and asks Manjari to take care while he goes back to his room...

He lies down next to Akshara who is sleeping peacefully.

A flashback of the earlier events plays in his mind*

Akshara, I don't know what caused you so much of pain...

But I do know that there's no way I want to see you like that, ever again.

I'll fix everything Akshara, I'll be there with you always, no matter what!

xx

*As Abhi wakes up later that night, he sees that Akshara is missing...

He checks the bathroom but it is empty...

He rushes outside, looking for her everywhere, in a state of panic. 

As he reaches the garden area, he sees her sitting on the grass...*

xx

Akshara

*Akshara senses Abhi's presence as he slowly comes and sits down next to her...*

"You see that star, over there?" she points towards the sky... "That is my mumma... and that one, right next to her...is my papa" she smiles sadly.

*Abhi does not know how to respond so he holds her hand*

"My mumma died when I was a few months old... I don't even remember her Abhi" a tear drops on her cheek.

"My papa married Sirat maa after that...and Aarohi is their daughter."

*Abhi listens with patience finally realising why Aarohi and Akshara don't see eye to eye*

"My father died a few years later... and Sirat maa...s-she s-slipped from the stairs when she was-" Akshara starts sobbing.

"Akshara, you don't have to-" Abhi empathises with her.

"I do, Abhi...you're my husband and you deserve to know the whole truth...

Sirat maa died while she was coming to meet me...and Aarohi thinks I'm responsible for her death" she cries...

"Abhi, I swear I didn't.... 

And when Manjari aunty slipped today, I-" 

*Abhi hugs her tightly and she cries into his chest...he carries her back to their bedroom where she cries herself to sleep while Abhi holds her...

She lets out all the emotions that were built up inside her for years... but this time she has someone who holds her and tells her that everything will be okay...*

Author's Note: Hi Guys... this part was a little short but I'll make up for it pretty soon. Thanks :")