Routine

Abhimanyu

*Abhimanyu makes Akshara sit down and hands her a glass of water. It pains him to see her crying and Harsh's behaviour makes him furious*

"Akshara, I'm sorr-" 

"Thankyou Abhimanyu" she cuts him mid-sentence. 

*When he gives her a confused look, she gives him a small smile*

"Thankyou, for taking a stand for me... for not leaving me alone..."

"You don't need to-" 

"I do... I know we never talked about what happened... at the party...but I know nothing wrong happened."

"How do you know?" He asks reluctantly.

"I just do and I don't need a proof..." she says. 

*Abhi does not know how to respond and so he just nods his head*

xx

*As he is leaving for the hospital, he sees Manjari in the garden...He walks up to her and holds his ears*

"I'm sorry, maa...it's been so many days...please talk to me once...please" He begs.

"Abhi, a sorry won't undo the damage you've done!" She says angrily. "You know Abhi...I knew you liked Akshara..."

*Abhi is surprised and looks at his mother with a confused expression*

"Do not act surprised Abhi, I'm your mother! Of course I could see the change in your reactions when you met her...I saw the concern on your face when she wasn't well and I saw the way you tried to find excuses to meet her..."

"Maa-"

"Let me complete, Abhi!" she growls. "Remember that girl's proposal I told you about... Jhanvi...there was no proposal! I just wanted you to speak up about your emotions and so I made that up." 

*The realisation hits Abhi hard*

"All you had to do was come to me and tell me about your feelings... I would've happily talked to Manish ji about your and Akshara's marriage... but no! You had your own plans and now you're paying the price!" With this, she walks away...

xx

Akshara 

*As Akshara is sitting alone in her room, a knock on the door startles her*

"May I come inside, Akshara?" Manjari asks.

"Aunty...you don't need to ask-"

"Yes I do...this is now not just the room of my son...it's yours too...

Anyway... I need to talk to you" Manjari says.

"Umm... yes?" 

"Akshara, you know the families won't forgive you and Abhi so easily... and no matter how much I love my son, even I cannot let this thing go. But... at the same time... the fact of the matter is that you are now Abhi's wife and we cannot deny that fact...

Your marriage started on a very unexpected note but now that it has, you both need to build a relationship..."

*Akshara gulps and nods at Manjari's remark*

"I'd appreciate if you could take lunch for him because he went away without having breakfast..." 

*Akshara nods and Manjari turns towards the door*

"And Akshara, I'm sending lunch for you too...have it first"

"A--Aunty...I'll have it with Abhimanyu"

xx

"Bhabhi...are you going somewhere? I can drop you on my way.." Neil asks Akshara as he sees her near the main gate.

"Neil...I'm going to the hospital" Akshara says with hesitation.

"I'll drop you, Bhabhi" he opens the door for her.

*The ride is pretty silent as Akshara recalls the incidents of that morning... Harsh's words, Abhimanyu's defense and then Manjari's suggestion*

"We're here" Neil says, breaking her chain of thoughts.

*She thanks him and goes inside the hospital. As she is walking towards the corridor, she hears a nurse whispering*

"I can't believe our Dr. Abhi is married! Him and marriage? Never thought I'd see this day" she says.

The other nurse goes on to make even more rude comments, "Well, from what I've heard, this marriage is nothing but a cover up for what he did. He's such a-"

"Such a what?" Akshara growls.

"Ma'am....we were just..." the second nurse fumbles.

"You were just... gossiping about the most renowned doctor of this hospital? Just speaking about matters that in no way involve you?" Akshara can feel her anger rising.

"S--Sorry ma'am" The two of them run away. 

*Akshara takes a minute to calm herself down and then she knocks at Abhi's cabin*

"Come in-" Abhi is surprised to see Akshara. 

"Umm...I brought you lunch" she replies timidly.

*Abhi thinks he's day dreaming*

"Abhimanyu?" Akshara says, confused.

"Haan...umm...please sit" He pulls out a chair for her.

*She unpacks the lunch and serves the food. She puts the plate in front of him and sees that he's busy reading a file*

"Abhimanyu....please eat first" she says.

*He picks up a bite and mindlessly plays with it while reading the file. She gets up and takes the while from his hand, startling him*

"Dr. Abhimanyu Birla, eat your lunch!" she scolds him. 

*Abhi is surprised to see her reaction...*

"Did you...eat anything?" He asks her.

"Umm...I'm not hungry" she replies in a low voice.

*Abhimanyu moves his chair closer to hers and places the plate in between them*

"Either we're both eating... or then nobody is" he says while raising an eyebrow. 

*Akshara picks up a bite and they both eat in silence.... But for the first time, the silence between them isn't an uncomfortable one... in fact, it more or less seems like something they do as a routine... eating together and being comfortable with each other's presence.*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abhimanyu

*A week passes away with pretty much the same routine...

Abhi tries his best to return from the hospital on time and they both have dinner together each night... without talking too much...

Akshara spends her days trying to contact her family or playing the guitar and easing her pain...

Abhimanyu still sleeps on the couch but Akshara's nightmares have reduced in number.

She did get another one three nights ago... but Abhi stayed up with her all night and tried to distract her by talking about her favourite topic- music.

xx

Later, that night, Manjari comes to their room while they're having dinner...

"Tomorrow is Maha Shivratri... and we will have the Maha Puja in the morning. The Goenkas will be joining us too... so be present" she says and leaves. 

*Abhi notices how Akshara's expressions change as soon as she hears her family's name. He places his hand on top of hers and nods as a gesture of support...*

If anybody makes her cry tomorrow....I will....

Author's note: 

Hi guys, 

Firstly, thankyou for loving the story and constantly supporting me.

Secondly, the truth would be out soon...so be ready!