Anger

Akshara

*Akshara spends the entire morning thinking about her upcoming confession.
When Abhi left for the hospital that day, she made him his favourite breakfast and even packed the sabzi for lunch that he really loved as per Neil's suggestion.

After he left, she sat down to write the script for what she was going to say to him...

Two hours and a hundred wasted pages later... she comes up with nothing that can express what he means to her...

As the day progresses, she starts getting more nervous but she decides to not let this affect her decision.

As she stares at the clock for the 17th time in the past two hours... she finds it difficult to wait for Abhi's return.

She picks up her phone and decides to text him.

"Hi" she types and then erases it. Too casual.

"Hi hubby" she types again. Erase. Backspace. Oh God, too cheesy!

"How are you, Abhi?" Backspaceee! He's your husband not the school friend you're texting after four years!

*As she types and erases her texts again and again, she mistakenly sends him an emoji "😘"

Oh shit! Delete!!!!

But before she can delete it, she sees a double blue tick, indicating that Abhi has read the message.

Fantastic! Kill me. She curses herself.

*Just then, her phone rings and she sees it's Abhi*

No. Not picking it up. Not a chance. She says to herself nervously.

*But as the phone continues to ring, she decides to pick up*

"Akshara?" Abhi's calming voice hits her like a breath of fresh air.

"Hmm?" she says, unable to form any words.

"Umm... I just saw... your text..." Abhi tries to hide the smile in his voice

"T-Text? W-What text? Umm... I...." she stammers.*

Abhi doesn't want to make her feel uncomfortable in any way... so he doesn't ask any further questions*

"I just wanted to tell you... I'm going for a medical camp in a nearby village... I'll be back by the night"

"Camp? But you didn't tell me-
I mean...all of a sudden?"

*Abhi senses the sadness in her voice*

"The senior doctor who had to attend it had to leave for an important surgery... so I'll be filling in..."

*When he hears no response from the other end, he adds*
"I'll be back on time, Akshara"

"Alright, be safe" she says, trying to hide the disappointment in her voice.

xx

*Akshara enters the kitchen and sees nobody except for the staff around...

She asks the staff where everybody else is and is told that they've gone to a family friend's dinner party while Neil is visiting one of his friends.

She spends her time making some preparations for their special moment...

Suddenly, she is reminded of Abhi's reaction when she wore a saree last time and decides to wear a black saree as Abhi's favourite colour is black.

Half an hour later, she looks at herself in the mirror.
The black saree paired with silver bangles and earrings make her look confident.

As she looks at the clock again, she sees that it's 9 pm...

When she calls up Abhi, his number is unreachable.

She decides to wait some more...

xx

*Akshara suddenly wakes up and realises it's 10:30 and that she had fallen asleep on the couch in the living room...

When she checks her phone, she finds no message from Abhi and she starts to worry...

She immediately calls the hospital where the receptionist tells her that the camp got over at 7 pm and that Abhi immediately left and should've reached long back!

Akshara feels like the worls is slipping from under her... she tries Abhi's number again but finds it to be switched off.

Tears start streaming down her face as a million bad thoughts cross her mind.

Abhi please, come back. Please, please, please.

As she decides to call Manjari and inform the family members, she hears the sound of Abhi's bike.

A moment later, Abhi enters the door looking tired and frustrated...

She runs and jumps into his arms, leaving him totally surprised. She grips her shirt tightly and sobs into his chest*

"Akshara? What happened, please tell me! You're scaring me" Abhi says in a really worried tone while rubbing her back.

"I---I tried calling---your---p-phone was off... you-u didn't come b-back...I thought---" she stammered as hot tears roll down her cheeks.

"Shhh... Akshara...I'm sorry, my bike got punctured and my phone was dead-" He tries to comfort her.

*She immediately takes a step back and looks at him angrily*

"You could've called me somehow-" she shouts.

"Calm down, Aksh-"

"Calm down? How am I supposed to calm down? I thought I lost my chance...for a moment I thought I'll never be able to tell you that-" she stops mid-sentence and sees Abhi staring at her with a million emotions running on his face.

"Tell me...what Akshara?" he whispers.

"Nevermind" she says and turns around and starts to walk away but Abhi holds her hand.

"Not this time Akshara, not this time. You've been acting different lately and I never asked anything...because I didn't want to make you uncomfortable... but I need to know now...

What's going on? What did you want to tell me?" he asks while pulling her hand and bringing her closer to him.

*She tries to pull her hand away from his but he holds it tightly*

"Tell me Akshara... tell me what's going on in your mind." He looks into her eyes.

"Leave me, Abhi"

"Not unless you tell me the truth!" his voice grows louder.

"Abhiii...let me go" she says angrily.

"What are you angry about Akshara? My bike got punctured, my phone was dead... I can understand you were worried...but-"

Akshara grows angrier,"Worried? What about the million thoughts that came to my mind when I couldn't contact you? What about the moment I thought I lost you? What about the fear of never being to tell you-"

"Tell me what?" Abhi too raises his voice.

"That I LOVE YOU!" Akshara shouts. "I love you. That I love you so so much."

Author's Note: Lol, I was so excited for the confession that I just couldn't wait.

A little disclaimer- The next part will be a mature one (if you know what I mean)

So read the next one, only if you are comfortable :))