Birthday

Abhimanyu

*It's been two days since Akshara told Abhi about her past... 

Akshara tries hard to smile and to act normal... but Abhi can clearly see how her past still affects her.

As Abhi reaches the hospital that day, he sees Kairav waiting for him in the lobby...*

"Kairav... hi" Abhi says in a cold tone. 

"Abhimanyu, can we talk?" Kairav says.

*Abhimanyu nods and leads Kairav to his cabin*

"Abhimanyu... I know the way both the families treated you and Akshu in the past few days... it's not easy for you to forgive us... we deserve your anger...but_"

"But what Kairav?" Abhi says in a cold tone.

"Tomorrow is Akshu's birthday..." Kairav says with a sad smile.

"Akshara's birthday?" Abhi asks, surprised.

"Yes...every year we have a puja on her birthday... and this year would be no different... except that she won't be there" Kairav says teary-eyed. "Abhimanyu, I know you're angry but I really love my sister... I have always been protective of her because she's a part of my parents... and she's..." A tear rolls down his eye...

"Abhimanyu, Akshu loves her family and I know she loves you too... I saw the way she fought for you... please Abhimanyu, I beg of you... please help me win back my sister's heart... please convince her to give me, give all of us another chance... please Abhimanyu... I can't live without my baby sister... she's my Akshu" he cries. 

*Abhimanyu can sense the honesty in Kairav's words... while he still cannot forget everything that happened... he knows that Akshara misses her family... he has seen her crying, staring at her family photo for hours...*

"Fine Kairav...it's my Akshara's birthday...and even though I'm still angry at how you treated her... I know that she won't be able to celebrate her special day without her family."

xx

*As Abhimanyu finishes his shift for the day...he bumps into Aarohi in the corridor... as he looks towards her...he notices she is crying...*

"Dr. Aarohi, whats's wrong?" He asks.

*Aarohi does not say anything and runs away... Just then a nurse steps out from the operation theatre...*

"What's wrong with Dr. Aarohi?" he asks her. 

*She narrates him the entire story and goes away while Abhi stays deep in thought*

xx

Akshara

*Akshara mindlessly plays the guitar while thinking about the drastic events of the past few days...

Just then, Abhi enters with a plate of her favourite Chinese food.*

"Special dinner for my most special person" he smiles.

*She smiles back but the smile doesn't reach her eyes...

But she does not want Abhi to worry...so she joins him for dinner*

xx 

Abhimanyu

*As the clock reads 11:55 pm, Abhi sees Akshara twisting and turning, trying hard to sleep...

He quietly gets up to get some water from the kitchen...

When he reaches the living room, he calls her up.*

"Aksharaaa" he pretends to be in pain. 

"Akshara, I twisted my foot when I came down to the kitchen...I need your help...my foot is hurting real bad* he fakes.

Akshara

*Akshara runs down the stairs and sees nothing in the sheer darkness...*

"Abhi..." she whispers nervously...

As she walks a little further, the sound of a balloon bursting scares her and she screams.

A pair of familiar hands hold her as she is about to lose her balance!

Just then, the lights turn on and Akshara sees the entire living room decorated in shades of pink and gold...

and the Goenkas and Birlas all surround her*

"Surpriseee! Happy Birthday Akshara!" they sing together.

*For a moment, Akshara cannot believe her eyes...but when she sees everyone clapping...tears start streaming down her face and starts to run away...

Just then, Abhi holds her hand and brings her a little closer to him...*

"Trust me" he whispers and then covers her eyes with his hands.

*As she removes his hands from her eyes, she sees all the men lined up in front of her, on their knees, holding their ears...

and all the women holding one balloon each with the letters- W-E-- A-R-E --S-O-R-R-Y- written on them.*

"Akshara beta, you're my Kartik and Naira's daughter...you're the closest memory I have of them and I was foolish to not trust you...please forgive your bade papa" Manish speaks up.

"Beta Akshara, you've changed my Abhi's life and have brought him the happiness he deserved... please give our family the chance to give you the respect and love that you deserve" Manjari says, teary eyed. 

*As all the members of both families apologise one by one... Abhi sees Akshara crying... but there is a relief reflecting on her face...

Kairav gets up and brings a small bag and gives it to Akshara...

She sees what's inside the bag and starts to cry.* "Mumma..." she sobs. 

*She presses the button on the teddy bear she just received and Naira's voice echoes in the room*

Mumma ki aankhon ke taare, Kairav aur Akshu sabse pyaare...

*Kairav runs to hug Akshara and she hugs him back* "I'm sorry Akshu...I'm really very sorry" 

*Akshara looks around and sees all the family members, including Abhi, teary-eyed.

She wipes her tears and flashes a happy smile as all of them clap again...

Just then, Aarohi walks in...*

Author's Note: It's time for our Akshara's birthday and the celebration has just begun! :")