The Engagement

Akshara

*Akshara wakes up with a really bright smile on her face...*

I'm getting engaged today! I'm getting engaged to my Abhi!!!!

*As she goes through her phone, she sees a message from Abhi*

Good morning beautiful, I love you so much ❤️

Accha I have two important surgeries lined up and since I want to be completely free tomorrow to spend all my time with you, I want to wrap up all my work today....So I'm leaving early for the hospital.

I'll be able to talk only later tonight.
Take care my wife-to-be.... And miss me!

"I already miss you Abhi!"

xx

Abhimanyu

*As Abhimanyu enters his cabin later that night, he sees Akshara's messages*

8:26 am
Good morning Abhi ❤️
I alreaddyyy misss youuuu!!

1:16 pm
Please eat something... And take care of yourself...okay?

5:55 pm
Abhi, I miss you naaa....
How can I miss you so much!!!!!

9:08 pm
The food is boring. The conversations are boring. Everything seems dull without you, come home soon...

11:33 pm
Please take some rest Abhi... Aarohi and Anisha bhabhi are forcing me to take this so called beauty sleep...
I missed you all day Abhi, I can't without you for even one day!
Good night...

*As Abhimanyu looks at the clock that reads 12:12 am, he feels really bad for not being able to talk to Akshara all day...*

"I hope I could just hear your voice once Akshara..."

xx

Akshara

*As Akshara walks down the staircase the next morning, she notices her family members running in all directions to get the preparations done...

Just then, a delivery boy rings the bell and asks for Akshara.

She receives a bouquet of red roses with a note attached*

Happy Engagement Day
To my beautiful wife ❤️

P.S I think I've called in love....with roses!

Only and only yours,
Abhi

*She blushes as she reads the card and holds the bouquet close to her heart...*

xx

Abhimanyu

*As Abhimanyu walks into the Goenka Villa with his family, he starts looking for Akshara the moment he enters ..*

"Bhai, bhabhi will come soon, stop acting like a Romeo" Neil laughs.

"Look at how impatient he is" Manjari joins in.

*As the Goenkas welcome them, Abhi keeps staring at the staircase that leads to Akshara's room...

A few minutes later, he sees Akshara walking down the stairs in a rose gold lehenga, her hair in waves and a rose attached in her hairdo...he smiles as he realises it is from the roses he sent...

As Aarohi and Anisha bring Akshara to the stage, Abhi looks at her in a completely mesmerized state*

"Woww!" He says a little too loudly.

*The families start giggling and laughing while Akshara blushes and her cheeks turn into a deep pink.*

"I thought you were looking absolutely perfect but then this blush appeared and now you look even more beautiful" He whispers to her.

*They look into each other's eyes and share a moment in their own world even amongst the crowd...

The families also start dancing and celebrating...*

"It's time for the ring ceremony" Swarna announces.

*Abhi takes the beautiful diamond ring and slides it on to Akshara's finger while mouthing a silent 'I love you'...

Akshara too makes him wear his ring and answers back with a silent 'I love you too'...

The families cheer and burst party poppers while Abhimanyu whispers to Akshara "You're mine, now and forever"...

xx

Akshara

"Akshara...go to the terrace, Abhimanyu is waiting for you" Aarohi comes to her and whispers.

"But Aaru-"

"No buts. Just go. I'll take care of everyone here* Aarohi says as she makes Akshara go...

When Akshara walks up to the terrace, she sees Abhimanyu standing there, his back facing her...

She walks up to him and he turns to her...

"Akshara, I called you here because I wanted to do this with you..."

Akshara gives a confused look but he points towards the two brightest stars in the sky

"I know you believe that your parents have become stars...
And so, before I marry you...I need their permission" he smiles.

He looks at the stars, "Mumma, papa, I know you must have loved your Akshu so so much... And I also know that the beauty of her pure heart comes from both of you...

I know she is your princess and I promise to treat her like my queen forever...because I love her more than anything else in this world...

Please do me the honour of letting me marry her"

Abhimanyu sees tears rolling down Akshara's face...

"Thankyou for doing this" she sobs and hugs him...

"My heart knows Abhi, my heart knows that they approve" she smiles.

"I will always be with you Akshara, always..."

Author's note: Hi guys, the story will end after AbhiRa's marriage...

So if you guys have any suggestions or want me to include any particular thing, I'll try my best to accommodate that in the story I have planned.

Thanks.