Rules

Akshara

*That night Akshara lay in her bed and looked at her mehendi and smiled. Suddenly her thoughts drifted towards Abhi and how he was behaving a little weird that evening. 

She then stared at the A written in her mehendi and remembered how she had somehow thought of Abhi when the mehendiwali had asked her to name a letter*

With a satisfied smile on her face, she falls into a peaceful sleep*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abhimanyu

"Abhi, beta get up, the Goenkas will be arriving for the mehendi ceremony soon. It's our turn to become the hosts and you are the bride's brother!" Manjari tries hard to wake Abhi up.

"Maa, just 5 more minutes... after so long I have an off day...." Abhimanyu replies sleepily. 

"Arre, vo bhi aagyi hai, dekh to"

"Aksh....." Abhi wakes up with a sudden jerk.

"Haan...kaun? Whose name did you just take?" Manjari tries hard to hide her smile.

"Maaa....nothing maa...it'll-meet-you-downstairs-in-5-minutes-bye-bye-bye" Abhi tries to cover up his slip of tongue.

*Manjari lets out a laugh and goes away*

Abhi beta...have you gone crazy? You almost blurted out her name. At least ask her first if she like you too. 

She likes me na? I really hope so. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abhimanyu

*Both the families celebrate the haldi ceremony in high-as-ever-spirits. The ceremony ends with all the girls playing a game*

"Anisha, it is said that if the bride applies haldi to an unmarried girl, she becomes the next one to get married" Swarna smiles and explains the rules of the game to everyone. 

*Kairav ties a blindfold on Anisha's eyes and all the girls start moving around in a circle with Anisha in the center. The girls use their bangles and anklets to make sounds and grasp the bride-to-be's attention.

Abhimanyu stands in a corner and looks at Akshara who is glowing in a yellow crop top and long skirt. Her smile takes his breath away and he decides to talk to her as soon as possible. 

But suddenly, something else catches his attention...

He notices Nikhil looking at Akshara in a manner that pinched him. 

While his inner rage starts taking over him, suddenly Akshara's laughter distracts him. He turns around and sees that Anisha has applied haldi to his Akshara and a slow smile spreads across his face*

"So.....our Akshu is going to get married next!!" Kairav beams with happiness while Akshara blushes hard. The pink that spreads across her cheeks makes her look even more beautiful.

I will make you blush like that again and again Akshara...that  colour really suits you...

xx

"So...now that haldi is done, let's set some ground rules for the bride and groom. The wedding isn't until tomorrow evening .... and till then...you both aren't allowed to meet" Swarna announces.

*Kairav and Anisha share disappointed glances and look towards Manjari*

"Sorry beta, there's nothing I can help you with... Rules are rules."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akshara

"Akshu....please help me na... I really need to meet her!! It's been 8 hours since the haldi ceremony and we still have almost 24 hours to go for the wedding. I really need to meet her."

*This was the 10th time in the past few hours that Kairav was cribbing about this no-meeting-the-bride rule*

"Umm... you know bhaiyya...I've never seen you like this and to be honest, you look adorable in this avatar. So....I guess I'll help you!"

"Really???...So, what's the plan?" Kairav asks over excitedly.

"Well, leave that to me!" Akshu laughs. 

xx

"Hi" Akshara whispers.

"Hey, come on in. Anisha didi would love this surprise. I was actually tired of hearing her rant since morning." Neil jokes. 

*Neil sneaks in Kairav and Akshara inside the house, careful to not let anyone catch them.

They climb up the staircase in quiet, measured steps and Neil guides Kairav to Anisha's room while him and Akshara stand outside the door to guard it*

"Thanks Neil, you were kind enough to agree to help me with my plan." Akshara smiles. 

"Arre, you don't need to thank me. I'm glad you came up with this plan." Neil grins.

*Suddenly, they hear footsteps on the staircase and Akshara panics*

"Shit! Akshara, I'll try to distract whoever it is...just go hide somewhere!" Neil tells her.

*Akshara looks around but does not find a suitable place to hide. She looks at the corner room and notices that the door is slightly open and there is nobody inside. She looks around nervously trying to figure out what to do...

But when she hears Neil talking to Manjari who is approaching the corridor...she runs inside the empty room.

As she tries to hear the conversation going on outside, the knob of the bathroom door turns and the sudden sound startles her and she slips...

But before she can fall... a pair of arms engulf her*

Author's Note: Hey guys, thankyou for being so patient. Sorry for not being able to upload earlier. Thanks for the support :")

Please do share your feedback :)