A Rollercoaster

Abhimanyu

*Abhimanyu cannot believe his eyes. For a moment he thinks he's day dreaming because Akshara is with him... in his room and his arms. 

He looks at her confused, worried face and then his hand automatically reaches out to tuck the hair falling on her face behind her ear.

He notices she is breathing heavily and trying hard not to look at his bare chest. A drop of water from his wet hair falls on her lower lip and settles there...

He wipes it off with his thumb without breaking their eye contact for even a second. A deep blush slowly covers her cheeks and he smiles at her nervousness.

Suddenly, Manjari's voice brings them back to attention*

"Alright Neil...I'm going to sleep... but are you sure you're okay? You're being a little weird" Manjari says.

"Yes maa, I'm just a little tired...I'm going to sleep too." He fake yawns.

*Abhi pulls Akshara up and that's when she realises that the own thing he is wearing is a towel around his waist...

Akshara turns into a tomato and goes all awkward...*

"Umm....umm...I...." she mumbles.

"Umm...Akshara...what are you...?" Abhi tries to come up with words like holding on to his towel tightly.

*Akshara turns around to hide her awkwardness and starts blurting out words at a super fast speed* "Who comes out of the bathroom dressed like that? Umm... I mean... you should have known..." 

"Oh, I'm so sorry... should have known that I'll come out of the shower and you'll end up in my arms" Abhi raises an eyebrow. 

He continues, "You know...I should be the one asking questions and not the other way around."

"Oh look who's talking! You came uninvited into my room twice that day, remember? So, the score is still 2-1 in my favour" she says while making an annoyed face. 

Damn, she looks so adorable when she's angry.

"By the way...am I allowed to ask what you're doing here at this time? Not like I mind though" Abhi smirks. 

*Akshu rolls her eyes and narrates the entire plan to him. 

Suddenly, Neil calls her name and she runs out but not before giving Abhi one last look from top to bottom.*

She was really here. Yes! Yes! Yes! 

*He jumps up in joy and the knot of his towel loosen ups. He quickly recovers and gets dressed up and goes downstairs. He sees Kairav driving away but Akshara senses his presence and turns around to give him the sweetest smile.*

xx

Abhimanyu

"Bhai...our sister is looking so happy na" Neil smiles.

"Yes, she deserves all the happiness in the world" Abhi replies as the watched Kairav and Anisha take their saat pheras and promise each other to spend a lifetime together. 

*He looks at Akshu who is glowing with happiness and is looking like a dream come true in her rose gold lehenga. 

Akshara notices Abhi looking at her and they continue to stare at each other until the pandit ji announces that the wedding rituals are completed.

The families dance together and celebrate Kairav and Anisha's union.

Suddenly, Akshu realises the pin of her dupatta has fallen down and she goes to fix it*

"Excuse me, where's the washroom?" She asks a waiter.

"Take a left from here and it's the last door in that lane, ma'am" he replies.

*While she is going in that direction, she hears the sound of a plate falling. She notices that the sound is coming from the door on the right corner and walks towards it. 

As she steps inside the room, she realises that it's a store room. She notices the plate still showing movement in the corner. 

As she is about to step outside the room, she hears the door getting shut. She runs to the door and pulls it but to no use.*

It's okay Akshara. Breathe. It's okay. 

*But as soon as she realises that she has left her phone outside, she starts panicking again.

She screams and shouts trying to call someone for help but the music is so loud that nobody can hear her*

xx

Abhimanyu

Where are you Akshara? Where are you?

*Abhi scans the corridor for the fifth time since the past twenty minutes. He saw Akshara going towards the washroom but when she didn't return after ten minutes, he started looking for her.

He comes out to the hall again and notices the two families still happily dancing.

I shouldn't trouble all of them right now. I should try to find her again.

She must have received a call and gone out...

Or maybe she's too tired from all the dancing and she's resting...

But....

No buts, Abhi. She must be fine. She will be fine. 

*As he tries to pacify himself, the music suddenly stops and everybody turns around in one direction. 

There he sees his Akshara

Unconscious. Covered in sweat. Her hand bleeding.

 There she was....in Nikhil's arms.*

Author's Note: Tried making up for the delay in the last chapter by posting another one today. 

What do you think will happen next?