Observations

Abhimanyu

*A loud scream wakes Abhimanyu up again but this time he isn't shocked. It's the fifth consecutive night when Akshara is having a nightmare and he is heartbroken looking at her state.

The first day when they came back home from the family court, nobody in the family welcomed them. Let alone welcome, nobody even looked at them. He quietly took Akshara to his room and it was as awkward as  it could be. 

He didn't know what to say to her, so he left her alone for some time... When he returned two hours later, she was sitting in the same position that he left her in, tears still streaming down her face. 

He remembered how only Kairav and Anisha had come for their court marriage as witnesses while the other Goenkas didn't bother to even bid farewell to Akshara...

She barely ate anything that day and while he offered to sleep on the couch, she did not even respond. That night, Abhi woke up as a loud scream shook him and he saw Akshara crying in her sleep, screaming for her mother to come back. He woke her up and gave her water and asked her to go back to sleep... but he knows neither of them did.

Day two was pretty much the same except for the few times he saw Akshara dialling on her phone and getting disappointed when she received no response from the other end. That night was again a dreadful one with Akshara barely getting an hour's sleep.

On day three, Abhi saw Akshara going into the kitchen, trying to talk to Manjari and Mahima while both of them barely spoke to her. After taking two days off, he had to finally go to the hospital for a surgery but he didn't feel like leaving Akshara alone. He rushed back that day from the hospital and found Akshara mindlessly moving the spoon in her plate... He also noticed that for the third consecutive day, she had barely eaten anything. The night again made his heart break as he saw Akshara struggling in her sleep. 

When he returned from the hospital on day four, he brought back chinese food with him. He knew that she would never take it if he offered and so he quietly left the food on the table in his room and went to study a case. When he came back to the room later in the night, Akshara was fast asleep and the food was almost finished. A slow smile spread across his face as he watched her sleep. He looked at the hair falling on her face and it reminded him of all those times when he had tucked them behind her ear... He thought that finally Akshara would be able to sleep peacefully but that, of course, did not happen.

On the morning of day five, he felt a soft hand touch his bicep... when he finally opened his eyes, he saw Akshara, freshly showered, trying to wake him up...*

"Um...your alarm has been ringing for a while now...I thought..." she gestured towards his phone. If Akshara had barely slept in the past five days, Abhimanyu too hadn't gained much sleep...

"Should I get tea for you?" She asked him reluctantly. Abhimanyu couldn't believe his ears. It was the first time that Akshara was talking to him since they had gotten married. Married. He couldn't believe they were married. 

*He nodded and went to freshen up while Akshara got him tea. For the first time, he also noticed the mangalsutra she was wearing, the one that Manjari had asked him to make Akshara wear after the court marriage.

That evening, when he returned, a voice captured his attention. It was Akshara and she was laughing... 

When he entered the room, he saw Akshara's face glowing with laughter. He stood there for a few minutes, taking in the picture of her happy face.

Just then he saw what was making her laugh so much... In her hand was a childhood picture of him where he was naked!

Akshara turned around and saw Abhimanyu and immediately stopped laughing... 

Abhi was thoroughly embarrassed and wanted to take that picture away... But the thought of taking away Akshara's reason of happiness crushed him. If his embarrassment could make her laugh...he wouldn't mind!*

"I'm sorry---I found this *laugh* I didn't mean to- *laugh* but this" Akshara continued to laugh.

*Looking at her, Abhi too joined in and for the first time in many days...they were truly happy.*

xx

*A loud scream wakes Abhimanyu up again but this time he isn't shocked. It's the fifth consecutive night when Akshara was having a nightmare and he is heartbroken looking at her state. 

"Abhi...Abhi..." At first he cannot believe it but when he repeatedly hears Akshara calling his name in her sleep, he reluctantly goes to her and sits on the bed.

"Akshara...wake up please...Akshara" He shakes her up. "It's just a dream" 

*Akshara wakes up with her face smeared with tears and before Abhi can say anything, she hugs him tightly*

"Shh...shh...it's alright, I'm here..." Abhi reassures her.

"I'm tired... I'm so tired of all this Abhi" she cries.

"Shhh..."' He hugs her back. He makes her lie down and kisses her forehead. "Try to sleep"

*As he tries to get up, Akshara holds his hand*

"Stay....please" she whispers.

*Abhi nods and lies down next to her..making sure to leave space between them. Without realising it, he falls into a deep sleep....

He wakes up again in the middle of the night and feels a little pain in his left arm...

That's when he realises that Akshara is sleeping peacefully with her head on his left arm and her hand on his chest. 

He watches her sleep for hours thinking of how his life has turned 180 degrees in the past few days...*

Author's note: Our babies are finally married! But what do you think is going to happen next?