Panic

Abhimanyu

*Abhimanyu watches as Akshara sleeps peacefully in his arms... he looks at her like she would disappear if he even blinked for a second...

But as the clock ticks away, Akshara's peaceful expression and the constant rhythm of her heart gives him the conformation that she's actually his. 

Akshara is Abhimanyu's and nothing could take her away...

As hugs her tightly...and falls asleep, looking forward to a new day and a new life with his Akshara.*

xx

*Abhimanyu wakes up as the sunlight hits his face and the first thought in his mind is "Akshara". 

He panics that the previous night was just a dream but all his doubts get cleared away as soon as he sees Akshara, standing in the front of the mirror, brushing her hair, dressed in his shirt.

He gets up and hugs her from behind, kissing her cheek as she giggles. 

"Good morning, wife" he teases her. 

"Good morning, husband" she says as a deep red blush covers her cheek.

*He turns her around and cups her face*

"Akshara, last night was the most beautiful night of my life... and I won't ever get tired of telling you that I love you." He softly kisses her on the lips.

Akshara smiles with contentment. 

"I should get ready to go to the hospital" Abhi looks at the clock and says. 

xx

*As Abhimanyu is leaving for the hospital, Akshara promises to bring him lunch later in the day* 

"I don't feel like going" Abhimanyu fakes a sad expression.

"Go!" Aksara giggles and pushes him. 

*As he steps outside, he sees Manjari in the garden*

"Abhi beta" she calls out to him. 

*Abhi goes and touches her feet*

"Beta, it's good to see you so happy after a long time" she smiles.

"But this happiness is incomplete maa, because you're not a part of it" he smiles back painfully.

"Beta, I'm sorry-" 

"Maa, out of all the people in the world...the only person who I thought would always support me is YOU. I thought you'd understand that you did not raise your son to do anything inappropriate." 

"Beta, I'm really s--"

"Maa, please don't apologise...but at the same time, I cannot just forget everything at once." he says as he walks towards his bike. "Take care, maa."

xx

*As the clock strikes two, Abhimanyu calls up Akshara for the third time...she was supposed to reach the hospital half an hour ago but she still isn't here and he is really worried...

Is she alright? 

What if something happened?

What if that Nikh- 

No, no, that can't be...

*Abhimanyu calls up the landline, but when nobody picks up, he rushes back home...*

xx

"Akshara? Aksh-"

*He sees her step out of Manjari's room...*

"Akshara, are you okay? You didn't come, I was-" he rushes to her. 

*He sees her hand shaking and tears rolling down her eyes*

"Akshara...what's wrong? He asks her again.

 *Akshara doesn't speak up but a staff member steps out of Manjari's room*

"Sir, actually Manjari ma'am was about to slip from the stairs but Akshara ma'am saved her on time..." 

"Maa...is she alright?" Abhi panics.

"Yes sir, she's completely okay, thanks to Akshara ma'am...she is resting now"

"Akshara, thankyou so much, you saved-" Abhi stops as he sees Akshara still shaking...

xx

Akshara

"Akshara, are you okay?"

"Akshara, what's wrong?" 

*Abhi's voice echoes in Akshara's mind but she is unable to say anything...

She feels everything around her fading away...and she runs towards her room. 

She hears Abhi calling out her name but she just cannot stop.

As soon as she reaches inside the room, she rushes into the bathroom and locks herself up*

"Mumma" she cries out... as her past flashes in front of her eyes and Aarohi's bitter words echo in her mind. 

*She breathes heavily as a panic attack takes over her...she turns on the shower, hoping that the hot water would silence the voices in her mind but nothing helps...*

"Mumma...papa" she cries and pants...

"Aksharaaaa!" Abhi's restless and scared voice reaches her but she is unable to move!

"Aksharaaa, open the door" he bangs at it!

"Akshara, I'll break it I swear, open the goddamn door!" he screams.

*Even though as she tries to move towards the door, her feet refuse to move... everything around her gets blurry and her eyes close as she free falls*

xx

Abhimanyu

*Abhimanyu breaks the lock of the door and rushes inside the bathroom...

"Aksh-" he sees her free falling, on the verge of hitting her head on the glass partition of the shower.

*He places his hand under her head before she can hit the surface and then immediately pulls her into his arms*

"Akshara..." he cries. 

*He picks her up and rushes outside, as water drips from her wet hair and clothes...

He places her on the bed and wipes her face with a towel. 

He rubs her hands and pleads "Akshara, please get up, please Akshara" 

But Akshara remains still...

Author's Note: Hey, thankyou for loving and appreciating the story...

Would love to hear your feedback :")