Consequences

Abhimanyu

*Abhimanyu watches as Akshara walks towards the bed but immediately loses her balance again and holds on to the couch for support. 

She sits down on the floor with the couch supporting her back. 

Abhi walks to her and sits down next to her. 

He palms her face and looks at her with as much of focus as he could exhibit at that moment.*

"Akshara...why are you acting so weird?" He whispers.

"I don't---Abhi my head is aching...I feel so dizzy" She replies innocently.

"Did you eat or drink anything weird?"

"Umm...I wasn't feeling hungry... but I remember drinking some orange juice at the party...nothing else." She finds it hard to sit straight and holds on to the collar of Abhi's shirt with both hands, trying to stay up.

"You don't take care of yourself...ever." He complains while trying to put some distance between them.

*But Akshara moves forward and rests her head on his chest*

"I don't need to take care of myself... because you're there to do that. You always save me from falling..." she whispers as she hides in him.

"Yes...but I wasn't able to save you that day- He did. That Nikhil!" Abhi's voice comes out low and heavy.

"Don't talk about him Abhi...I want to talk to you. Only and only you." She tells him.

*Abhi puts his finger under her chin and looks her straight in the eyes.

She blushes and starts looking elsewhere*

"I so badly want to stay angry at you. I just don't want to talk to you. But this blush on your cheeks... the way you shy away... you make me go crazy, Akshara. You just make me go crazy" He says with a small smile on his lips.

*He leans downs and places a small kiss on her forehead...

She then rests her head on his shoulder and hums a tune that puts them both to sleep...*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akshara

*Smack!!!*

*Akshara feels the heat rise up from her face as Manish slaps her. But what hurts her more than that is the look of utter disgust in his eyes....*

"Bade pa--"

"Don't you dare call me bade papa. Don't you dare!" Manish growls.

"I swear I don't remember---" 

"Oh shut up Akshara!" Aarohi cuts her in between. "You say you don't remember? Well, let me remind you, my dear sister, how you've brought shame to our family."

Aarohi continues, "You made an excuse to leave the party and acted like you weren't feeling well... Poor Nikhil was running around getting things to make you feel better and you fooled that poor guy. 

When he couldn't find you in your room, he searched for you endlessly until Kairav bhaiyya realised you were missing... 

Everybody in that party started searching for you but little did we know that we'd find you in your own room... in your room but in Abhimanyu Birla's arms! 

The entire city now knows how cheap you are!" Aarohi screams at her. 

*Akshara's tears stream down her face continuously...*

"Mr. and Mrs. Shekhawat, who until yesterday, wanted you to be their daughter-in-law, today called me up to mock my upbringing!" Manish shouts at her.

"Akshu, what have you done? The entire city will mock us!" Kairav adds.

"Bhaiyya please---" Akshara begs. 

"Quiet! Not a word." Manish shuts her up. "Listen to me very carefully, now. Pack up your bags because tomorrow morning, you're taking a flight to London and you will never show us your face again!"

"Bade Papa....please please bade papa" Akshu falls down at his feet.

"There's no way anybody in this city will accept you as their daughter-in-law now. No sane guy will want to look at you, let alone marry you!"

"Manish ji" The  voice stuns everyone. They turn around and see Manjari walking inside with Abhimanyu on her side. 

"Security!! Security!!" Manish screams. "I want this boy miles away from my house!" 

"Manish ji...please listen to me once...It's a request" Manjari speaks up.

"You have one minute."

"Manish ji, I will not even try to justify what these two have done because there's absolutely no explanation for it! 

But we as elders need to take some really important decisions now.

Our families are connected because of Anisha and Kairav... and we cannot let the mistake of these two poison the relationship of our newly married kids..." She looks at Anisha who is crying.

"What do you expect Manjari ji? There's no way I'm forgivi-"

"They do not deserve forgiveness at the moment Manish ji. But they need to understand that actions have consequences! 

Sending Akshara away will not solve the problem because it will not make the society shut up." She adds. 

"Society won't let my family live in peace until I send this cheap girl away!" Manish stares at Akshara.

*Abhimanyu watches Akshara who looks lifeless. It's as if she has been robbed of every emotion... A pang of guilt hits him as her watches her tears fall*

"There's one way Manish ji...and trust me, it is the only way. 

We need to get them married and we need to do it as soon as possible!" Manjari adds. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15th February, 12:17 pm.

Two days after the party.

*Akshara's hand shakes as she signs the papers without looking up even once

And just like that, Akshara Goenka turns into Mrs. Akshara Abhimanyu Birla*

Author's note: What do you think of the twist? Do let me know :")