The Party

Akshara

"Bhaiyya, please...I'm really not a mood to go for the dinner party. Please, na. You and Anisha bhabhi should go."

"For the first time, I agree with her bhaiyya, even I don't want to!" Aarohi joined in. 

"Akshu, Aaru... no excuses...my friend Rishi has invited us all to his anniversary party. Plus, you'll love the resort, it's a new one. So, go get ready!" Kairav says. 

xx

*The drive for the resort isn't too long but Akshara feels like an eternity has passed away. Kairav had told them that Nikhil and his family are also invited and she still hadn't gotten a chance to talk to Kairav about her decision*

"I wish Bade papa, mumma and mimi would also have joined us" Anisha says. 

"Yeah but they were too tired from the post-wedding rituals and they needed rest" Kairav smiles.

xx

*As soon as they reach the venue, they meet the Shekhawats at the entrance. Nikhil gives Akshara a bright smile while she responds with a reluctant one. She then greets his parents while Anisha and Kairav touch their feet.

All of them go inside the party hall and congratulate Rishi and his family. 

While Kairav and Anisha along with Mr. and Mrs. Shekhawat join other couples on the dance floor, Akshara quickly excuses herself to avoid an awkward conversation with Nikhil...or much worse, to be offered a dance by him. 

She mindlessly roams around on her way to the restroom when she suddenly feels a little dizzy. 

As she holds on to the nearby table for support, Nikhil sees her lose her balance and helps her gain stability.*

"Akshu, are you alright? You don't look well!" He worries.

"I'm---I'm just a little--" Akshara tries to form a sentence but isn't able to.

"Let's take you to a quieter place where you can rest for a while..." He says with his eyes full of concern. 

*Nikhil leads Akshara to the other side of the resort where Rishi has made arrangements for their overnight stay. 

He helps her take her heels off and asks her to lie down*

"Waterr... I'm thirs--tyy... water" Akshara says in a rough voice.

*Nikhil looks around but does not find a water bottle in room. He asks Akshara to rest while he goes to fetch a water bottle.

Akshara looks around at the empty room and suddenly Abhimanyu's image comes to her mind.

She starts crying for the love she almost found, the love that she lost even before she could truly acknowledge it.*

I don't need anybody. 

I can help myself. I won't rely on anyone. I just-

He-he didn't even let me share my feelings- 

I-I don't need him. I don't need anything.

I need... water.

*She gets up and goes outside and starts walking towards the pool side.*

"There... see...there's water. Lots and lots of water." She says as she moves closer towards the pool.

"Lots and lots and lots..." suddenly, she slips...

xx

Abhimanyu

*Abhimanyu drives mindlessly for hours, racing in full speed, trying to ignore the voices running in his head. When he fails to do so despite all efforts, he decides to try a different solution for the pain that's consuming him*

xx

*As Abhimanyu sits at the outdoor bar, sipping his eighth glass of whiskey...a tear rolls down his eye. 

He chose this place because it was new and there was a very low chance of running into someone he knew.

Suddenly, he could feel his vision turn blurry and that's when he saw her. 

He rubbed his eyes again and again, pretty sure that he was dreaming again. 

Akshara stood there, just a few feet away from him, looking gorgeous as always in a halter-neck backless, floor-length dress and it's turquoise colour suited her like it was made just for her.

While Abhimanyu stays immersed in what he thinks is his imagination, suddenly, his attention go to her feet. She is barefoot and is walking in a hap-hazard manner. Just as he tries to ignore her image, he notices her lose her balance.

He runs towards her in full speed and just as she is about to fall into the pool... he pulls her arm and her body smashes into his chest.*

"Abhiiii....." Akshara says breathlessly. 

"Akshara...are you okay?" He asks with his eyes full of concern. 

"Yes" she replies in a breathy voice.

He palms her cheeks,"Are you crazy? You could have gotten hurt...you could have hit your head..."

*Before he could say anything else, Akshara places her finger on his lips and shuts him up.

He breathes in her scent and kisses the finger she has placed on his lips*

"What are you doing here, Akshara?"

"I want....water." She says innocently.

*Abhi takes her hand and leads her to the nearby table. He picks up the water bottle and makes her drink it. He sees her steps falter again*

"Akshara, where are you staying? We should take you back...you don't look fine."

"I don't look fine? Is it the hairstyle? This colour doesn't suit me, right? I knew it... I should've..." she says sadly.

"Shhhh...I'm not talking about that. YOU ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN I'VE EVER MET!" he says while caressing her cheek.

*A deep blush spreads across her cheek...Abhi touches it...*

"And this colour on your cheek...makes me want to...." he stops.

"Want to...." she looks at him while breathing heavily. 

"Ahmm... let's take you to your room." He takes her hand and leads her to room 1006 like she told him to. 

*As they enter the room, Akshara trips because of the severe headache that's consuming her mind. She can see the room revolving in front of her eyes...

Abhi, who himself is drunk beyond explanation, holds on to the door so tightly for support, that he does not realise that he mistakenly bolts the door*

Author's note: Thankyou for your constant support and feedback :")

What do you think will happen now?