A Long Wait

Abhimanyu

*For a moment, Abhimanyu cannot believe his eyes. His Akshara who was glowing with happiness some time ago is now lying pale in Nikhil's arms. 

While everybody else around him runs towards her, he remains stunned in silence.*

No, no, no.

I'm just having a bad dream. 

This cannot happen.

*A drop of her blood splashes on to the floor and Abhi can feel his body physically hurting. He runs to her and pushes the crowd away as he takes her pale body from Nikhil's arms into his own. *

"Akshara, wake up, wake up please" A lump forms in his throat as he begs her. 

*The others around panic seeing her but Mahima tries to diffuse the situation*

"Abhimanyu, take her to the guest room. 

Please don't worry, all of you. Abhimanyu will take care of her. He's an excellent doctor and will give her the best medical attention." 

*She barely finishes her sentence and Abhi runs towards the room with Akshu in his arms while leaving behind a trail of blood drops behind them*

xx

*Abhi sprinkles water on Akshara's face and checks her pulse*

Akshara, please be okay. Please.

*Akshara shifts uncomfortably in her half-conscious state and a lets out a low cry when she tries to move her hand. 

A tear rolls down Abhi's eye as he watches her in pain. He takes out the first-aid kit from the drawer and cleans the wound on her hand. 

Akshara slowly opens her eyes and watches Abhimanyu's pained expression as he ties a bandage around her hand.

She uses her other hand to wipe off the tears from his cheek and gives him a small smile.

He makes her take a painkiller and helps her lie down again.

He then goes out and nods in the direction of the two families.*

"Is Akshu okay?" Nikhil is the first one to speak up.

"Yes, she's resting.... But how did it happen?" Abhi asks through gritted teeth.

"Yes Nikhil, where did you find her?" Kairav asks in a low voice.

"I... I received an urgent call and when I went aside near the corridor to receive it, I heard the sound of glass breaking... when I reached there, I found Akshu in that state and I..."

"Thankyou Nikhil...you saved my Akshara" Manish replies.

"Please don't thank me uncle. Akshu is important for me too." Nikhil gives him a small smile.

*Abhi tries to control his anger and holds his fists tightly*

xx

*As Abhi watches Vansh take Akshara home, he feels a part of his heart breaking. But Anisha's bidaai rituals had to still be completed and he couldn't leave his sister alone at that point.

The Birlas bid an emotional farewell to Anisha who promises to come back the next day for her pag phera*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akshara

*Later that night, Akshara looks at the bandage on her hand and Abhi's teary eyed face keeps appearing in front of her.*

I couldn't even thank him properly....

I couldn't even say something to make him feel better...

And the way he was looking at me...

Those eyes said a thousand words.

Does he feel this connection too?

I don't know how to explain this feeling but I could sense that he feels it too...

I'll talk to him when he comes for the pag phera tomorrow.

xx

Abhimanyu

Should I call her? I just want to know if she's okay.

But it's late and she may be sleeping...

*Abhi was strolling in the garden while a million thoughts ran in his head*

"She's fine, Abhi...don't worry so much" Abhi hears Manjari's voice.

*He tries to compose himself and then turns around to face her*

"Umm... nothing like that Maa... I'm totally fine...just a little tired, so I'll go and sleep" Abhi tries to hide his emotions. "Goodnight, maa."

"Goodnight, beta" Manjari smiles.

*As Manjari watches him walk away she whispers to herself*

"Abhi, I'm your mother...I know you better than you know yourself"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abhimanyu

*Abhi had a terrible morning. While he was relieved that he would be seeing Akshara when he goes to pick up Anisha for her pag phera.

But when he received an urgent call from the hospital, he had to leave everything and run.

The little child under his care had some unusual after-effects of a medicine and he couldn't leave it on anybody else*

xx

Akshara

*After Anisha goes to the Birla House with Neil and Parth, the Goenkas sit in the living room and watch the wedding videos.

Akshara and Aarohi tease Kairav as they watch the video where he blushes when Anisha walks on to the stage and stands in front of him.

While the Goenkas have a fun time, their attention goes to the main entrance where Nikhil enters along with his parents.*

"Arre, Mr. and Mrs. Shekhawat, welcome!" Manish greets them.

*While the Goenkas and Shekhawats sit together for tea, Akshara decides to talk to Abhimanyu. She had been very upset when she got to know that Abhi couldn't come due to an important matter at the hospital*

"Badi maa, I have to go meet a friend, so....I'll be back in an hour." She tries to excuse herself.

"Actually, Akshara beta, we would appreciate if you could stay here for a while. We wanted to talk to you." Mrs. Shekhawat said. 

*Akshara, along with her family, exchange confused glances...*

"Manish ji, we're here to talk about our Nikhil's rishta with your Akshara" Mr. Shekhawat smiled and said. 

*The Goenkas get surprised by this relevation while Akshara's whole body tenses up.*

"Uncle...I have liked Akshara for a long time but... yesterday when I saw her in that condition...I just couldn't.....

So, I went back home and told my parents everything and they were more than happy to accept my request." Nikhil looks at Akshara and says.

*Akshara gets really uncomfortable and starts twisting the ring around her finger*

"Beta Nikhil, we appreciate your honesty... but we'll need a little time before we can get back to you with an answer" Manish says in honest words.

*While the two families keep the discussion going, Akshara tries to hold back her tears*

I need to talk to Abhi. And I need to do it now!

Author's Note: Thankyou for loving and supporting the story, guys. There are a lot of twists and turns coming up, so stay tuned. 

And as always, I would love to read your feedback :)