Questions

Abhimanyu

"HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MY WIFE?" Abhimanyu growls.

*He takes a step forward towards Nikhil with sheer rage dripping from his eyes*

"HOW DARE YOU PUT HER THROUGH ALL OF THAT PAIN?" 

He grips Nikhil's collar and punishes his jaw, splitting his lip open.*Nikhil wipes the blood off his lip with the back of his hand* 

"Oh look who's here...the hero himself!" He smiles bitterly.

*Abhi punches him again and he retaliates by punching Abhi back*

"Abhiiii...." Akshara lets out a cry as she sees Abhi in pain.

"Akshu don't worry...your hero and I are playing a little game and you know what the reward is? YOU!" He laughs devilishly.

*Abhi punches him again so hard that he falls to the ground*

"SHE" *punch* "IS* *punch* NOT *punch* "A" *punch* "TROPHY".*

He holds Nikhil neck and grits his teeth*

"I HAVE GIVEN NOBODY THE RIGHT TO TOUCH MY WIFE.
And as much as I would love to kill you right here, right now for the pain you've put her through... I will let the law handle this matter!"

*Just then, the police arrives and catches hold of Nikhil*

"Akshu, you won't forget me.... I will make sure you don't forget me!" Nikhil smirks.

*Akshara gets up and wobbles towards him. Abhi immediately rushes to help her... she goes to Nikhil and looks at him with nothing but anger in her eyes*

*Smackk* She slaps him hard. "This is for hurting me, Abhi and my family."

*Smackk* She slaps him again. "And this, is so that you don't forget me either!" She shouts.

*Nikhil takes a final glance at them as the police takes him away...Akshara turns around and sees Abhimanyu and rushes into his arms.

She cries for the pain she endured, for the pain he endured, for the situation their families were put in and for the love she didn't even get a chance to fully acknowledge...*

"Shhh... Akshara... everything's fine. We're fine." She holds him tighter and sobs..."I'm so sorry... I suspected something was wrong... I should've paid more attention-" he wipes her tears.

"Take me home Abhi, please, take me to our home" she says as she tightens her grip on his shirt...

xx

Akshara

*As Abhimanyu walks into the Birla House carrying Akshara in his arms, he hears the sound of slow claps...He stops to see both the Birlas and Goenkas glaring at them*

"Woww... Dr. Abhimanyu Birla, wow! Well the entire world has seen the cheap act that the two of you put up the other day, so why not some more, right?"

"Sir-"

"Akshara, you have left no stone unturned to put our family name to shame... I cannot believe you are the same daughter I raised" Manish speaks up.

*Abhimanyu starts laughing and Akshara looks at him confused*

"Has this guy gone crazy now? " Harsh asks Manjari.

"Well, I'm laughing because that's how ridiculous you all are!"

"Abhi-" Harsh shouts but Abhimanyu cuts him in. 

"Enough. I have had enough. We both have had enough!

First of all, I can carry my wife or we can do whatever the hell we like because we're legally married and none of you have the right to question us.

Secondly, as usual, you did not give us even a single chance to explain what we went through! And even though none of you deserve an explanation, for the sake of my wife, I will give you one!" Abhimanyu says in a challenging tone while Akshara looks proudly at her husband.*Abhimanyu takes out his phone and hits the play button...

Nikhil's confession recorded in the police station plays in front of the entire family.

The Birlas and Goenkas are utterly shocked! As the recording ends, the look on their face says everything.*

"I will kill that Nikhil!" Kairav shouts.

"He's been taken care of" Abhimanyu replies.

"Akshu...beta... all of this....our daughter went through so much....beta we're so sorry" Manish repents his mistake. He continues, "And on top of everything that Nikhil did... this guy tried to take advantage of your situation" Manish stares at Abhi.

*Before Harsh can jump in to defend his son, another person speaks up*

"I can't believe it! I just cannot believe it!" Akshara cries out.

"First you people did not give us a single chance to explain ourselves... you did not trust the children that you have raised and now that the truth is out, you're still blaming the one person who has constantly been my support all this while?" She says to Manish. 

"Not one of you asked me if I'm alright... and he? The person you're blaming? This person has spent sleepless nights all this while to make sure that I am able to sleep in peace!" She adds. 

*Abhi is stunned to see Akshara take his defense* 

"You know, Abhi is right! You people do not deserve an explanation... but for the sake of my peace... I just have one question..." Akshara looks at Kairav. "Bhaiyya... that night at the party...did you catch me and Abhimanyu doing anything inappropriate? And I'm asking this question without any shame...because I know the answer but I want you all to hear it!" She shouts. 

"A-Akshu... when we went to your room, it was locked from the inside... when we opened the door using the resort's spare key, we found you lying on the couch and Abhimanyu was the floor, next to you..." Kairav says nervously.

"So you just found us unconscious and instead of making sure we were alright... you all made sure that we pay the price of a mistake we never did!" She screams and cries. 

"Akshu beta- it looked like-" Kairav tries to explain.

"I don't care how  it looked like. YOU. DID. NOT. TRUST. ME; TRUST US!!" She grits her teeth. "And you know why I'm so confident that nothing wrong happened that night? Because I know my husband!" she adds proudly and gives Abhi a small smile while he struggles to get a hold of his overwhelming emotions...

"I know my husband and I know he would never do anything to hurt me or hurt our families... and this was even before we got married!" she turns to Abhi and holds his hand. 

"Let's go, Abhi" she says as the two of them slowly walk away from their "families"...

Author's note: The families know the truth now and it's finally time for Akshara and Abhimanyu to start their lives afresh :") 

Do let me know your feedback, as always! ❤