Chapter 11- Family

As I walked into the house, I found my brothers gathered together, their expressions tense and their jaws clenched

As I walked into the house, I found my brothers gathered together, their expressions tense and their jaws clenched. They seemed relieved when they heard my voice.

"What happened to you guys?" I asked playfully, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

Xavier spoke up. "Where were you?"

I raised an eyebrow, feigning innocence. "Class, of course. What's going on?"

Lucas joined in. "How do you know those boys?"

I let out a sigh, realizing what this was all about. Overprotective mafia men. 

"They were my best friends and like brothers to me," I responded honestly, hoping to reassure them.

Their tense expressions softened, and I could see a glimmer of relief in their eyes. It was clear they were worried about my well-being.

"Come on, Let's go home," They say. 

We walked through the front door. As I stepped inside, I noticed my dad standing there, his body language revealing a hint of nervousness.

I approached him with a quizzical expression. "What's going on?" I asked.

He sighed, a mixture of anxiety and excitement in his eyes. "Well, sweetheart, I have some news for you. Your grandparents and cousins are coming to visit us today," he finally revealed, his words hanging in the air.

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips, and my eyes lit up. "Really?"

He nodded, his apprehension giving way to a warm smile. "Yes, it's been a while since we've seen them. They'll be here in about an hour," he informed me, his voice tinged with anticipation.

An hour? I quickly rushed upstairs and tried to get ready as soon as I could. I was in the middle of finding the perfect outfit when I heard someone shouting, "Family meeting!"

"Cuz, I said family meeting. Who is this slut?" A guy asked, pointing towards me.

Before anyone could answer, I cut them off, my voice dripping with a mixture of anger and warning. "Call me that again, and you'll regret it. Watch your words, because disrespecting me won't end well for you, family or not."

Dad stepped forward, his voice firm but calm. "That's enough. We're here to welcome Alessa back, not to create unnecessary drama. Show some respect to my daughter."

He just rolls his eyes muttering something about me being a spoiled brat. I ignored him and started talking to my other people. Turns out they are actually really fun.

***

After a long day dealing with family drama, I finally flopped onto my bed, ready to crash and leave it all behind. Just as I was about to drift off into dreamland, my phone buzzed, ruining my peaceful moment. I groaned and grabbed it from the nightstand, annoyed at the interruption.

Unknown: Do this, or your boyfriend finds out what a slut you really are.

My heart started pounding in my chest as I noticed the video attached to the message. It showed me during that horrifying time when I was kidnapped. My hands trembled as I held the phone tightly, the weight of the situation sinking in.

"No, no," I whispered to myself, my voice laced with a mixture of fear and frustration. Panic surged through me as I realized the gravity of the threat. I couldn't let anyone find out about that dark chapter of my life. It was something I had buried deep within, a secret I never wanted to resurface.

Taking a deep breath, I composed myself and typed a response, my fingers quivering slightly.

Me: What do you want?

The response came quickly, and a chill ran down my spine as I read it.

Unknown: Knew you'd come around, doll.

A sinking feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. I knew exactly who this could be. There was only one person who called me "doll," and it was someone I never wanted to encounter again.

Me: What do you want

Unknown: "You'll have to kill again, doll."

My heart raced as I read those chilling words on the screen. Memories from the past flooded my mind, taking me back to a time I desperately wanted to forget. The room faded away as my thoughts spiraled into a dark flashback. 

I found myself standing in a dimly lit room, surrounded by the sinister figures of the Russian mafia. Their leader, a cold and imposing man, approached me with a twisted smile.

"You belong to me now, doll," he sneered, his voice dripping with malice.

The scene shifted, and I found myself standing over a helpless victim, a gun pressed into my trembling hand. The weight of the situation bore down on me, tearing at my conscience.

"Do it, or face the consequences," He commanded, his eyes fixed on me with a mix of amusement and cruelty.

Tears welled up in my eyes and I hesitated

But in the end, survival won over my shattered innocence. I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger, forever staining my soul with the act of taking another person's life.

The flashback abruptly ended, and I found myself back in my bedroom, clutching the phone tightly. The weight of the past bore down on me, a heavy burden I carried in secret.

With a trembling hand, I typed a response to the unknown sender.

Me: "What do you want from me? Why are you doing this?"

Unknown: Because I can doll. Because you belong to me

Me: Who is it?

Unknown- I'll send you the details later doll.

Feeling a mix of fear, anger, and confusion, I pushed my phone aside and tried to calm my racing thoughts

I flopped onto my bed, desperately seeking a respite from the chaos of the day. The sheets felt cool against my skin as I snuggled under the covers, seeking comfort and a momentary escape. I closed my eyes, attempting to find solace in the darkness of my room.

But as I lay there, a torrent of thoughts and worries flooded my mind. The weight of the secret I carried bore down on me, making it nearly impossible to find peace. I kicked off the covers in frustration and tossed and turned, trying to find a comfortable position.

And soon I found myself falling falling in a pit of darkness called sleep.

-------------‐------------------------------------------------------

OOOO!!! I loved writing this chapter. More drama and spice about to come people. So tighten your seatbelts cuz u all in for a bumpy ride.

Also I just rewatched Alexa and Katie seoson 4. I adore- scratch that- I love Aiden and Katie's banter. I swear I know every line by heart. Yes, Im obsessed and no idgaf.

Bieeee and thank you for listening.

🖤💋