Chapter 43 - New House

"Fuck no," she stated, her gaze locked with mine

I raised an eyebrow. It seemed she still had some fire left in her after all. But I wasn't one to back down easily either. I gave her a pointed stare, a silent reminder of the contract between us, the  understanding that she had to obey me.

With an exasperated sigh and a mutter under her breath, she finally relented, "Fine."

Ah, victory never tasted sweeter.

"Nico," I called, getting his attention

"Yes, Mama?" he asked, settling onto my lap, allowing me to play with his hair just as I used to with Ace.

"We're going to stay with Dada for a while, and we'll leave after dinner, okay?" I explained. He responded with a simple "okay."

"Alright, baby," I said, lifting him up, and together, we headed downstairs.

***

"Mama, let's go," Nico whined, sounding every bit like a 4-year-old – well, because he was.

"Coming, amore, just wait," I replied, busying myself with packing some things that were still left around the house.

Once I finished packing, I went downstairs to find Nico and Ace engaged in conversation.

"What are you both talking about?" I asked as I approached them.

Nico's eyes lit up, and he turned to me with a grin that was both mischievous and excited. "Mama, we have a surprise for you!"

"A surprise?" I raised an eyebrow, exchanging a curious glance with Ace, who seemed unusually invested in whatever Nico had planned.

Nico nodded vigorously, "Yeah! Papa and I have been planning it."

I looked at Ace, He simply gave me a nonchalant shrug, his lips curving into a faint smirk. "Nico insisted."

"Alright," I said, a smile tugging at my lips. "What's this surprise?"

Nico's eyes sparkled as he held out a small box to me, a grin on his face. "Open it now, Mama!"

I took the box from him, wondering what kind of surprise they had cooked up. As I opened it, the sweet scent of freshly baked goods came out, and my eyes widened in pleasant surprise.

Inside the box were some of the most delectable-looking cupcakes I had ever seen – my absolute favorite flavor, no less.

"Cupcakes!" I exclaimed, unable to hide my delight. "How did you...?"

Nico beamed, clearly proud of his choice. "Papa found this amazing bakery, He always buys stuff from there and we thought you might like them."

"It's all Nico's doing. He has an excellent taste for sweets," Ace said looking at Nico with so much love that I melted

I looked at Nico, ruffling his hair affectionately. "Thank you, sweetheart. These look absolutely delicious."

"So, piccolo, are you ready to go to your new house?" Ace's voice was surprisingly gentle as he addressed Nico, who nodded excitedly, his eyes shining with anticipation.

"Then let's go," he announced. Without wasting any time, Ace led the way, disappearing into the night's darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

So how did you'll like this chapter?

Comment pleaseeee, I love reading them

🖤💋