Chapter 41 - Dinner

"Mamma, do I look fine?" Nico burst into my room, his excitement and nerves evident in his voice

"Yes, baby, you look absolutely fine," I reassured him, offering a smile to ease his jitters. It seemed like he was really nervous about today.

"Mama, how does Papa look?" he inquired, his innocent curiosity shining through.

I tousled his hair affectionately. "I'll show you a picture of all the people we are meeting today on the plane, okay? 

"Si."

His sleepy eyes flickered with understanding as he nodded.

***

"This is your grandfather," I said, pointing to an image of my father on the screen.

"And this is your Dada," I added, directing his attention towards Ace's picture.

"He's pretty," Nico mumbled, his words full of sleepiness.

"Yeah, Dada is very pretty," I agreed, feeling a soft weight against my shoulder as Nico's head leaned on me.

"Shh, sleep, baby. Mama's here," I whispered gently, rocking him back and forth until his breathing became slow and even, signifying his peaceful slumber.

***

Arriving at my family's mansion, I carefully carried a drowsy Nico on my shoulder, his small form pressed against me in sleep.

"Baby, we're here," I whispered to him as he stirred, his eyes fluttering open and a small, adorable yawn escaping him.

Gently placing him down, we made our way inside.

You can do this Alessa

***

"Hi, dad," I greeted, hugging my father tightly.

"Hi, sweetie. Are you okay?" concern laced his words, his eyes reflecting both relief and apprehension.

"Of course, Dad," I assured him, masking my own doubts with a confident smile.

"Why is she here?" I heard Xander's voice, his irritation apparent.

"She is still my daughter, and you will treat her with respect," my father's stern tone silenced any further protests from him.

"Whatever," Xander muttered, storming off with an attitude that was all too familiar.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart," Dad said, his guilt evident in his voice.

"It's okay, Dad. He'll come around," I reassured him.

After greeting everyone, I called Nico inside from playing with the dogs. 

"Meet my son, Nicholas Alexander Hernandez," Everyone started at him making him hide his face in my neck.

"Guys," I hissed, shooting them a warning glance.

"Oh my god, he's so adorable! We're going to have so much fun," Xavier squealed with enthusiasm, hugging Nico tightly.

"N-Nico, c-come here," Dad's voice trembled.

He peeked out from my neck, his eyes wide and curious.

"Y-you named him after m-me?" Dad stuttered, his voice choked with emotion.

"Of course, Dad," I said, my heart warming at his smile that radiated joy.

As everyone interacted with Nico, his initial hesitations faded away, and soon he was comfortable around them.

I encouraged him to head to the game room to play as I prepared to face Ace alone.

That was going to be one hell of a show

After everyone had met him, the Hernandez family arrived, and I spotted Ace, looking as  attractive as ever.

"Hi, Mr. Romanov," Ace greeted formally, extending his hand for a handshake with my father.

"Call me Alexander, son. We are family, after all," Dad replied with warmth.

Ace's formal mask softened slightly into a nod of acknowledgment.

"Oh, my baby," Mrs. Hernandez cooed as she hugged me tightly.

"Los-losing oxyge-n he-re," I managed to say through my slightly squished breath, and she finally released me, laughing softly.

And now it was time

After a lot of greetings, I managed to catch Ace's attention, subtly signaling that I needed to speak with him alone.

He strolled towards me "Yes?" he inquired. His gaze bore into me, making me squirm slightly which of course led to a smirk on his face.

Ignoring the emotions swirling within me, I gathered my courage, taking in a deep breath as I prepared to speak.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I kinda have 5-6 chapters edited and I'll publish every day, after that the updates might be less cuz my exams r starting so but I will try.

also 

thoughts?

🖤💋