Chapter 40 - More than anything in this World

The room was a mess, books scattered across the floor and the general sense of messiness hanging in the air

The room was a mess, books scattered across the floor and the general sense of messiness hanging in the air. Holding a gun cautiously, I entered Nico's room, my heart pounding in my chest. My eyes fell on Nico, his small frame curled up, tear stains staining his cheeks.

I approached him slowly, kneeling beside him. I tenderly brushed his hair away from his face, vowing silently to have a conversation with him tomorrow, when he woke up.

"Mama, where's Papa?" his voice was soft, carrying a hint of sadness.

Surprised, I looked at him with a tender smile. "Why are you awake, honey?" I asked softly, brushing a strand of hair from his forehead.

Ignoring me, he continued "The boys in my school tease me that I don't have a Dada and everyone else does.

"Did Dada hate me, Mama?" he asked in a hushed tone, his vulnerability tearing at my heartstrings.

"No, baby, your Dada loved you so much," I said, my voice full of warmth. "In fact, you'll meet your Dada this weekend," I press a kiss on his forehead, reassuring him.

His eyes lit up with excitement, his sorrow forgotten. "Really, Mama?"

"Si, of course, baby," I replied, a smile forming on my lips.

"Thank you so much, Mama," he whispered, hugging me tightly.

"I love you, Mama," he mumbled, his face nestled against my chest, just as Ace used to do.

Like father, like son, I guess

"I love you too, baby," I said, placing him gently back on the bed.

"Goodnight, baby," I murmured, pressing yet another kiss to his forehead. Preparing to leave, a small hand reached out and caught my wrist.

"No, stay," he murmured, his plea tugging at my heart.

"Mama loves you more than anything in this world, baby."

-------------------------------------------------------------

This is baby Nico's aesthetics.

Isn't he just adorable *coos*

*hides inside a blanket*

🖤💋