Chapter 63 - Help

I wiggled my fingers in the air, trying to get Jake's attention

I wiggled my fingers in the air, trying to get Jake's attention. "Jake, park today?" I asked, my words all babbly.

Jake looked down at me, his face all frowny. "Again? Why you wanna go to the park every day?" he grumbled, his voice all growly like a bear.

I tried to tell him 'bout my friend, Nico, but Jake didn't get it. He just sighed, "Fine, we'll go to the park. But not every day," he said, sounding a bit grumpy.

At the park, I felt happy, went to see my friend Nico. He's so pwetty, and his eyes are super pwetty too.

Nico gave me a paper ring, and he looked shy, his cheeks all red like apples. It was cute, and I like it a lot, so I wear it on my tiny finger.

I felt like a real princess.

That and the bunny were my gifts. My only gifts, Jake had thrown the toys which mama got me into the fire, saying I didn't deserve them.

Me and Nico were playing when Jake came and grabbed me, his face all scowly. I didn't like that.

Nico got mad and hit Jake. I didn't want Nico to be sad, but Jake yelled at him, and Nico looked kinda sad. I didn't like seeing Nico sad.

I wanted to go back to the park with Nico, I wanted to be with him, but Jake pulled me away.

Nico tried to touch my arm, but I got scared. Not scared of Nico... but scared of the thing that was happening.

It reminded me of Mom and Dad and how Mom would yell and yell, but no one came. I was scared 'cause of memories in my head.

It wouldn't stop.

***

I hit the door with my tiny hands, trying to get out. I didn't like the dark.

Jake had put me in a small, dark cupboard. It was like a space just for me, but I didn't want it. I wanted to be outside, where the sun was, where Nico was.

I banged on the door, my little fists making soft noises. "Jake, I-im scare- please" I squeaked, my voice all shaky.

But Jake didn't listen. The darkness hugged me, and it made me remember things. Bad things.

Mom yelling. Dad not coming.

I curled up in a tiny ball, clutching the paper ring Nico gave me. It felt nice, like a little hug on my finger.

I stayed in the dark, wishing for the door to open and let me out. I missed Nico calling me freckles, It made me feel cute, made me feel loved. I wished I could go back to the park, back to Nico, and never leave.

But the door stayed shut, and I stayed in the dark, with memories that wouldn't stop.

After a long time, Jake finally opened the door. His face was all scowly again.

"What's the matter, huh? Why are you crying?" he grumbled, not sounding nice.

I sniffled, rubbing my eyes with my hands. "Wanted to go... park with Nico," I mumbled, my words all jumbled up.

Jake just rolled his eyes. "Nico, Nico, Nico. You're always talking about him. What's so special about that kid?" he snapped, grabbing my arm and making me stand.

He told me to pack my bags. We were leaving.

I didn't understand why. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay with Nico and play at the park.

But Jake didn't listen. He pulled me around, stuffing clothes into a bag. I didn't know where we were going, and it scared me.

I looked around, hoping to see Nico. Maybe he'd come and save me, like a hero in those stories Momma used to read before. I missed my momma.

But Nico wasn't there.

I clutched the paper ring tight along with the bunny Nico gave me, "Nico... Nico... I wanna go back. I wanna see Nico," I repeated.

Jake didn't care. He just kept packing, muttering about how kids shouldn't talk so much. He threw my bags at me, and I tried to pick them up but ended up falling. Jake came back, "Stand the hell up, why are you always crying? So annoying."

I tried to get up, but my legs wobbled, and I fell again. Jake grabbed my arm and yanked me up.

"No more parks for you. We're leaving."

I didn't like leaving. I wanted to see Nico again. I wanted to go back to the park.

Jake dragged me out of the house, and we got into a car. I kept looking back, hoping to catch Nico, but he wasn't there. The car started moving.

I pressed my face against the window, watching as the things grew smaller and smaller and smaller.

I clutched the paper ring and the bunny tight, tears streaming down my face. I didn't understand why we were leaving, but I knew one thing.

I missed Nico.

I missed the park.

And I missed being happy.

Nico, where are you? Please help me

------------------------------------------------------------

Man, I feel so fucking bad for her. I tried to make this as like baby-ish as I could cuz well she is a baby.

Also next chapter is going to be ace and alessa again. This book will have like 70 chapters and I'll try to make bonus chapters. 

Nico and Lili's story will start and continue in the next book which I'll be publishing after this and it'll be called "Dancing with the Devil". 

And I hope you'll will love it as much as you loved this one. 

Love you all <3

🖤💋