Chapter 34 - I forgive you

I stood in the living room, my frustration boiling over

I stood in the living room, my frustration boiling over. I couldn't help but feel responsible for the mess we had created. Alessa had every right to be angry, and I was determined to make things right.

"Enough," I finally snapped, my voice carrying the frustration I felt. "We've treated her like crap, and now we're acting surprised that she won't just forgive us? Did anyone here really expect her to welcome us with open arms after what we put her through?"

My words hung in the air, and I could see the guilt on the faces of my siblings. We had a lot to make up for, and it wasn't going to be easy.

Just as I was about to continue, the doorbell rang. I exchanged puzzled glances with my siblings. Who could that be?

Opening the door carefully, I see it was Alessa. Confused as ever, I opened the door and let her in.

"I'm going somewhere for a while and I don't want to leave holding grudges, I came to say I forgive you, all of you"

The room fell into a stunned silence. Alessa's words hung in the air, and I could see the mixture of surprise and relief on my siblings' faces.

My brother Noah was the first to recover from the shock. He rushed over to Alessa, tears brimming in his eyes, and pulled her into a tight hug. The rest of us followed him, enveloping Alessa in hugs one by one.

"I can't believe you're forgiving us," He murmured, his voice muffled.

Alessa pulled back slightly, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it for myself."

"Well we appreciate it, Really," I say and she nods saying I know

"We have a lot of things to make up for, Maybe we can do that when you get back," Xavier asks and she smiles at us. A fake smile

"I'd like that"

"We have a lot of things to make up for, Maybe we can do that when you get back," Xavier asks and I give them a fake smile

"I'd like that," I say. If I ever come back.