Chapter 46 - My Weakness

I was jerked out of my beauty sleep by the commotion downstairs

I was jerked out of my beauty sleep by the commotion downstairs. Annoyance surged through me as I sluggishly go downstairs in my nightwear, glaring at the scene before me. Way to ruin a girl's beauty sleep.

"What the hell is going on here?" My voice held a mixture of irritation and confusion as both Ace and Nico turned to face me.

"It's just..."

"Nothing, Mama. We were just getting ready for the trip," Nico mumbled, his voice barely audible.

"Oh"

"Fine, then. I'm going back to sleep."

"And lower your voices," I hissed at them before turning to leave. But Nico's voice stopped me. "Wait, Mama."

I turned back to face them, and Nico looked at Ace with pleading eyes. "Can Mama come with us too, Papa?" My eyes widened, panic setting in. I shot Ace a look, silently pleading for him to deny Nico's request.

To my exasperation, a sly smirk curled on Ace's lips as his gaze shifted between me and Nico.

He is enjoying this, 

I swear to all the gods above-

"Of course, Nico. Your Mama should definitely come with us," Ace responded, his voice laced with amusement.

Is he punishing me for last night or what?

"No, no, that's fine. I'm good staying here," I interjected hastily, my hope that Nico would drop the idea.

"No, Mama, please come with us," Nico whined, giving me those irresistible puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, whatever," I grumbled in defeat. "Great," Ace's reply held a mischief.

Men, I tell you

Ace continued, "Since we're all going, we can spend the night there. Alessa, make sure to pack your swimsuit too."

I eyed him skeptically, suspicion evident in my expression. "Where are we going, exactly?"

"You'll find out, darling," he responded with a wink before heading upstairs, leaving me utterly baffled.

Did he just-

Did he wink at me?

Honestly, at this point, I do not even care. I retreated upstairs to pack my belongings, and upon returning, I found Ace loading the car.

Taking my things from him, he loaded them into the car. Settling into my seat, Nico cuddled against me. I ran my fingers through his hair, and a contented hum escaped his lips as he nestled into the crook of my neck, soon drifting off to sleep.

After about fifteen minutes, impatience got the best of me. "How much longer?" I complained.

"Maybe 15 or 20 minutes, love," Ace's words sent a flutter through my stomach at him calling me love.

"Okay," I murmured, clenching my thighs together and silently hoping my reaction had gone unnoticed. Of course, luck was never on my side. A faint, almost smug smile danced on Ace's lips.

Argh! I— Ugh, why does he have to—He can go fuck himself for all I care

Now, why would he do that when he has you?

SHUT UP CONSY

Stepping out of the car, I took in the surroundings of the place Ace had brought us to. It was the same spot where we'd had our first date. I didn't realize how much I was engrossed in looking that I didn't notice him come behind me.

"Like it," his voice, warm and close, whispered in my ear, and I flinched putting a hand on my chest. "Ace, don't scare me like that"

"Sorry," He didn't sound sorry.

He didn't say anything and I realized he was waiting for my reply.

"You do realize that I'm the one who found this place, right?" I whispered back, my voice unsteady, cursing my inability to control my reaction around him.

"I know," he whispered, pulling away slightly.

"I thought you might hate me after last night," I confessed.

His gaze met mine "I tried, Alessa. I tried so damn hard to hate you over the last five years. But it's like you're imprinted in my mind, every thought I have circles back to you. I hate how you still affect me, no matter how much I try not to." His words hung in the air.

I met her gaze "I tried, Alessa

I met her gaze "I tried, Alessa. I tried so damn hard to hate you over the last five years. But it's like you're imprinted in my mind, every thought I have circles back to you. I hate how you still affect me, no matter how much I try not to." 

"We should check up on Nico," She says almost breathlessly and I nod. Fuck, Fuck, fuck. Why would I say that?

She leaves and gets Nico out of the car and I just stare at her figure. Goddam her, I lost control again. I was supposed to stay away from her, and here I am, doing the exact opposite.

Truth is, I'd do anything for her. Even now, despite all the anger, she was still my biggest weakness and the problem was

I didn't mind it one bit.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

🖤💋