Chapter 65 - Fiancée

Alessa untied the blindfold, and as her eyes adjusted to the surroundings, I watched for her reaction

She blinked, taking in the scene. We were on a rooftop garden adorned with fairy lights, the cityscape glittering in the background. A small table was set for two, a violinist in the corner playing her favorite song.

"Surprise," I said, trying to gauge her response.

Her eyes widened, and a soft gasp escaped her lips. "Ace, this is beautiful. What's the occasion?"

"No occasion, just us," I replied, pulling the chair for her. "Have a seat, mi amore."

As she sat down, I couldn't help but feel the nerves kick in. This was it, the moment I had been planning for.

The evening breeze played with her hair as I took the seat across from her. The waiter brought a menu, and I cleared my throat. "I've arranged for a special dinner tonight."

Alessa smiled, "You're full of surprises today. I love it."

"And there's one more surprise," I said, reaching into my pocket. My fingers closed around a small velvet box.

She noticed, her eyes flickering to the box, and a curious smile played on her lips.

"Nico helped me plan this. He said we should start with music," I began, gesturing toward the violinist.

"That's sweet," she said, a tender expression in her eyes.

"Yeah, he's a smart kid," I chuckled nervously. "So, music is covered. Now, the next part is about a question I've been meaning to ask you for a long time."

Her smile turned into a questioning look, and I took a deep breath.

Holding out the open box to reveal a sparkling diamond ring, I got down on one knee and spoke,

"Alessa, you've brought so much light into my life. You've been my strength, and the love of my life. I can't imagine my days without you, You're like the oxygen I need to survive"

She gasped, a hand flying to her mouth, and I took that as my cue to continue.

"Alessa, will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive," I asked, my heart pounding in my chest.

It felt like an eternity as I waited for her answer, but when she finally whispered a "yes", It was like the whole world had lit up

Sliding the ring onto her finger, I got up. She immediately hugged me, and in her tears, she kissed me.

"God-" She choked out, "I can't believe this is real"

I wiped away a tear from her cheek, smiling, "It's as real as it gets, mi amore. I want to spend every moment with you."

Alessa sniffled, laughing through her tears, "You made me wait so long for this, Ace."

I chuckled, "Good things come to those who wait, right?"

She nodded, "Definitely."

"Now, finish up real fast because I've got another surprise for you," I said, leading her back to the table.

She laughed, "Another one? Ace, you're spoiling me today."

I grinned, "You deserve it, mi amore."

Once she finished her meal, I took her hand. "Close your eyes again. This one is even better."

With her eyes closed, I guided her a bit, enjoying the suspense. "Okay, open your eyes."

As she did, her expression changed from curiosity to sheer surprise. Before us stood a beautiful house, a perfect home for us and the family we were planning to build.

I grinned, teasing her, "For you, me, Nico, and the little ones who are yet to come."

She gasped, "Ace, is this... our home?"

I nodded, "It sure is"

She hugged me tightly, "I love it and I love you. Thank you so much."

I hugged her, keeping her close to me. I'm never letting her go again, "Be prepared, my love, because I am never ever letting you go."

She pulled back a little, looking into my eyes, her own filled with so much love and warmth. "And I don't want you to, ever. I want to spend every day with you, Ace, every moment."

I kissed her forehead, "That's exactly what I want too, Alessa. Every day, every moment, for the rest of our lives."

I lowered my head, resting my chin on her head, "Welcome home, my fiancée," I whispered, and she smiled, leaning into the hug.

You and me against the world, my love.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts??

Please comment and love you all, Thank you for reading <3

🖤💋