Chapter 24 - Mafia ball (Part II)

Ace and I lounged in the back of the sleek limo, our conversation flowing effortlessly

As the limo came to a stop, Ace turned to me with a charming smile. "Shall we?" he asked, extending his hand towards me. My heart skipped a beat as I took his hand, feeling a rush of warmth and excitement spread through me. "We shall," I replied.

Ace and I stepped into the grand ballroom, our presence instantly capturing everyone's attention. Whispers filled the air as eyes followed our every move. I could feel the weight of their gazes on us, but Ace's reassuring grip on my hand made me know that he was there.

He leaned in close, his voice a comforting murmur in my ear. "Don't worry, my love. They're just jealous that they're not in your shoes right now."

A playful smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I glanced up at him. "I can't blame them," I teased. We continued talking and made our way to the bar, where we ordered a couple of drinks. 

While we were talking, My attention was suddenly drawn to a woman approaching us. Her eyes held a familiar glint, and a pang of recognition shot through me. It was Ace's ex, Sophia. 

I felt a surge of possessiveness as Sophia, Ace's ex-lover, boldly approached us. She extended her hand towards Ace, her touch grazing his chest as she purred, "Hi, baby."

I tensed, my eyes narrowing at the audacity of her actions. My grip on Ace's arm tightened as I stepped closer.

Ace glanced down at her hand, his expression cool and unaffected. He met Sophia's gaze with a detached look in his eyes. "Sophia," he acknowledged with a nod, his voice devoid of any warmth.

I interjected firmly, my voice laced with confidence. "I'm Alessa," I said, making my presence known. "And I suggest you keep your crusty hands off what doesn't belong to you."

Sophia's lips curved into a wicked smile, "Oh, sweetie," she taunted, her voice dripping with condescension. "You're horribly mistaken if you even for a second think that Ace likes you, You're just another plaything to him"

Ace's eyes narrowed, his jaw clenched "You're right, Sophia. I don't like Alessa"

"I fucking love her."

A flicker of surprise crossed Sophia's face, but she quickly regained her composure. "Love, huh?" she scoffed, attempting to mask her own hurt. "We'll see how long that lasts."

Ace stared directly into Sophia's eyes, a hint of a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "Oh, Sophia," he replied in a pitying tone. "Our love will last longer than your desperate attempts to grab my attention. But hey, thanks for reminding me why I made the right choice."

"I'm sorry you had to witness that," he murmured, his voice filled with sincerity as we danced to the music. 

I smiled up at him "It's okay," I reassured him, my voice barely above a whisper. "Being here with you, is all that matters."

He gives me one of his rare smiles, and I rest my head against his chest. He holds me close, his strong and muscular hands on my back providing a sense of comfort.

Time seemed to blur as we danced together, lost in our own world. But when I opened my eyes, I saw my family making their way toward us.

God help me.

----------------------------‐-------------------------------------

Next chapter is gonna be dramaaaaaaaa

So much drama that You will prob cry.

Or not.

Who knows?

Le me: *Sips my coffee*

🖤💋