Chapter 50 - One Month Later

O N E - M O N T H - L A T E R

Mention of sexual abuse

One month had passed, or at least I assumed it had. Time had become a blur in this dingy, windowless room where they kept me. No one had come for me, and deep down, I knew why. Who would risk their safety for someone like me? Someone who had caused so much pain and heartache.

I had treated my family like garbage, pushed them away with my stubbornness and pride. And Ace, well, he had given me to these people. I couldn't believe he was capable of such cruelty, yet here I was.

As the days turned into weeks, I had accepted the harsh reality that I deserved this. The pain, the humiliation, it was a fitting punishment for the things I had done. Maybe this was my chance at redemption, to pay for my mistakes in the most horrible way possible.

Every day was a repetition of the last. Two people would come in and torture me physically and mentally, Raped me and then capturing it all on camera.

Even death is better than this.

I got the first video upon my return from searching for her

I got the first video upon my return from searching for her. Consumed by anger, I trashed the entire room, drinking until I eventually passed out from the chaos of my emotions.

This was all my fault.

 I got my shit together had questioned Daniel, dug into any lead I could find, trying to retrace her steps. But it was as if she had vanished from the face of the Earth.

And then, the moment I had been both dreading and hoping for arrived. Daniel walked into the room, a grave expression on his face. "Ace, we found her."

The words hit me like a punch to the gut, a mixture of relief and dread washing over me. I had been searching for her, but now that we had found her, I was filled with a sense of despair. What had she endured in this time? What had become of her? 

I masked my emotions with a detached nod, "Where is she?"

Daniel's gaze met mine, his eyes filled with a mixture of pity and something I couldn't quite decipher. "You're not going to like it, Ace."

My jaw clenched, my hands forming fists at my sides. "Just tell me."

"We found her, but she's... she's not the same."

My heart raced, an overwhelming sense of foreboding settling over me. "What do you mean?"

"She's been through hell, Ace. Physically and emotionally. It's like she's a different person."

The words hit me like a sledgehammer, a surge of guilt and regret crashing over me. What had I done? I had played a part in this, in breaking her down. I had become the monster she had once accused me of being.

No, I had become worse.

I pushed aside the turmoil within me, the emotions threatening to engulf me. "Tell me where she is."

Daniel's eyes held a mixture of sympathy and caution. "Ace, I don't know if..."

"Tell me where the fuck she is," I repeated, my voice a low growl.

His gaze held mine. "She's in a remote location, Ace."

I surged to my feet, my fists clenched at my sides. "Gather the men. We're going to find her, no matter the cost."

Daniel nodded solemnly, "Ace, I need you to understand that she might not be the same person anymore."

"I don't care. She's coming back, and I'm going to bring her back" To me

No matter what she had endured, no matter how broken she might be, she was mine, and I was going to get her from the depths hell if I had to.

But as I turned towards the door, it swung open abruptly, and a wave of familiar faces stormed in. Alessa's family, her parents and siblings.

"We're going with you," Alessa's father declared, his voice firm. "She's my daughter too, and we won't let her suffer alone."

Alessa's brother, Lorenzo, his eyes red from crying, stepped forward. "She's our family, Ace. We need to bring her back home."

Alessa was their daughter, and I had let her down just as much as I had let myself down.

With a nod, I found myself saying words I never thought I would. "Gather your men. We're going to bring her back, together."

I will bring you back Mi amor, No matter what the cost

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

This is so friking sad man. I hated writing that one month later

ALSO DID YOU SEE I WROTE SONG LYRICS AS THE QUOTE FOR THE BANNERS?

🖤💋