Chapter 25 - Mafia ball (Part III)

As they reached us, my father's eyes widened in awe as he looked at me

As they reached us, my father's eyes widened in awe as he looked at me. "You look beautiful, Alessa," he complimented.

I simply nodded coldly and replied, "Thank you."

"You're not still upset about that? Let it go, lil sis," Xander said, his tone mocking and dismissive.

"Letting go is easier said than done, Xander," I retorted, my voice tinged with bitterness.

Ace stepped forward "She has every right to feel how she feels," he said firmly, his eyes fixed on Xander. "Watch how you speak to her, or you'll regret it"

Xander's jaw clenched, but he didn't back down. "You watch how you speak to me," he shot back. 

"You watch how you speak to my girl," Ace's voice turned even colder, his possessive grip on my hand tightening.

"She is not your girl," he challenged.

Ace's eyes narrowed, a dangerous glint in them. "Oh, really?" he retorted, his voice dripping with icy resolve. "Let me assure you, she is my fucking girl. And she's the best damn thing that ever happened to me."

"You think you can protect her better than us?" Xander taunted, clearly trying to provoke Ace further.

"I know I can," Ace shot back, his voice firm and unwavering. "Because unlike you I don't disrespect her, Call her a mole and if I could I'd give my life for her without a second thought."

Xander was about to say something when my dad cut in.

"Let's not ruin the night, shall we?" my father intervened, trying to diffuse the tension. He gave Xander a warning look before turning to Ace and me with a smile. 

"Fine," Ace says, his voice icy.

"You two should enjoy the party and catch up with everyone. We can discuss everything later, alright?"

"We'll see," I replied.

As my father walked away, Ace and I were started walking towards the balcony, the cool night air was chilly. Settling into the balcony seats, the night air felt chilly, and I couldn't help but shiver and I wrapped my arms around myself to keep warm.

Ace noticed it right away and draped his suit jacket around my shoulders and pulled me gently into his lap.

"Better?" he asked, his warm arms embracing me.

"Mmm, much better," I replied, snuggling closer to him. "Thanks for being my personal heater."

He chuckled softly, and pressed a sweet kiss on my forehead "Anytime, love."

As we sat there, the city lights twinkling below us, I felt a sense of contentment wash over me. Being in Ace's arms felt like a safe haven, a moment of calm in the storm.

The view is really pretty from up here," I remarked, admiring the city lights twinkling below us.

"Yeah, it is," he agreed, pulling me closer into his lap which I didn't know was possible. I looked up at him and saw him looking at me. "I mean the view Ace," I say.

"You're prettier, love," Ace remarked, his eyes locking onto mine.

I blushed, feeling my cheeks warm up at his compliment. "Oh, stop it," I replied playfully, trying to hide my happiness.

He smirked, his fingers gently tracing circles on my back. "I mean it," he said softly. "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever known."

(I want this so baddd. Why is Ace fictional? WHY GOD WHY?)

I blushed more, My whole face looking like a tomato I'm sure. Ace's expression became amused as he saw my cheeks turn even redder. "You're adorable when you blush," he said, his voice gentle and warm.

I playfully swatted his arm, trying to hide my embarrassment. "Shut up," I mumbled.

He leaned in, pressing a soft kiss on my cheek. "Don't be embarrassed, darling. I love seeing you like this," he whispered, his lips brushing against my skin.

I smiled, at his affectionate words. "Well, you better get used to it then," I teased.

Ace chuckled "With pleasure," he replied, his voice filled with fondness.

We sat there for sometime, sitting in each other's embrace. After a while, I looked at him and started talking.

"About what happened back there..." I began, my voice uncertain.

Ace turned to me, his gaze softening. "I'm sorry for my reaction," he said sincerely. "I just can't stand the way they treat you."

"I know," I replied, "And it's okay," I said, holding his hand in mine and playing with his rings.

"Thank you, For understanding," He says, his hand brushing my cheek.

"Always," I whispered

Those 6 words meant more to us than anything.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

🖤💋