Chapter 67 - Big Brother

"Oh, my God," I whispered, a mixture of disbelief and joy washing over me

"Oh, my God," I whispered, a mixture of disbelief and joy washing over me. Bailey heard my gasp and rushed in.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

I showed her the test, and her eyes widened. "Alessa, that's... congratulations"

But all I could think about was how this would change everything. Another baby, with the wedding plans already going on. 

I sat on the bed, cradling the positive pregnancy test. So many thoughts raced through my mind. Would Ace be happy? Mad? Upset? How would I tell him?

I took a deep breath, tucking the pregnancy test into my pocket as I decided to share the news with Ace.  I go to him and sit down beside him and took his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Ace, there's something I need to tell you," I began, my voice carrying a mix of anticipation and anxiety.

He looked at me, concern etched on his face. "What's going on, love?"

I paused, choosing my words carefully. "You know how things have been a bit... emotional for me lately?"

He nodded.

"Well, there's a reason for it," I continued, "I'm pregnant."

The silence that followed felt like an eternity. I searched his eyes for any sign of his reaction, my heart pounding. Then, a slow smile spread across his face.

"Pregnant?" he repeated, I nodded. "You mean we're going to have a baby?"

I nodded again and before I could say anything, he pulled me towards him and kissed me. Hard. "Does this mean you're happy?"

Ace pulled back from the kiss, his eyes searching mine. "Happy?" he repeated, his voice filled with joy. "I am so fucking happy that we're having another baby. Our family is growing, and it's the best thing ever."

I looked up at him, overwhelmed by the love in his eyes. "I'm happy too," I whispered.

He kissed my forehead, "Our family is going to be perfect, Alessa. I promise to be there for every moment, for you and for our little one."

"And more to come," he added, teasing me.

"Two are enough for now," I said, swatting his arm.

"Just saying," he chuckled when I threw a pillow at him.

***

Ace, Nico, and I gathered in the cozy living room and Nico, his eyes wide with curiosity, sat between us, a questioning look on his face. Ace, with a grin, held up a small pair of baby shoes.

"Nico," Ace began, dangling the tiny shoes, "Guess what, buddy?" Ace continued, "You're going to be a big brother."

The words hung in the air for a moment, and then a slow realization dawned on Nico's face. His eyes widened, and a smile broke across his face.

"A big brother?" he exclaimed.

Ace nodded, "Yeah buddy, You're going to have a little brother or sister."

Nico's face lit up, and he turned to me, his eyes sparkling with joy. "Really?"

I chuckled, ruffling his hair. "Really. You're going to be the best big brother, Nico."

Ace handed the tiny shoes to Nico, who looked at it with so much love, it made me want to cry. God, these hormones were really fucking with me.

***

Later that night, as I stood in front of the mirror, adjusting my hair, Ace approached from behind, his hands gently finding their place on my stomach. 

"How are you feeling, love?" Ace whispered, his breath warm against my neck.

I sighed, leaning back into his embrace. "Tired, mostly. And a bit overwhelmed with all the wedding planning."

His arms tightened around me, offering a comforting squeeze. "You know, we could always elope. Less stress, more time for naps."

"We could, but I want a big, special wedding," I said.

"We could have both," He suggested with a playful smile.

"Hmm, I guess," I mused, looking at our reflection in the mirror.

He chuckled, "Think about it. A small ceremony, just us, and then the big celebration with friends and family."

I tilted my head, considering the idea. "It does sound tempting. Less fuss, more focus on us."

Ace kissed my cheek, "Exactly. We'll make it unforgettable, no matter how we do it."

I smiled, "Okay, let's do it, But when and what about Nico?" I ask him

"We could do it now. I told you before, amor, I'd marry you anytime, anywhere, and Nico is like you- I mean- He sleeps like a rock, so he won't wake up, and he can have the actual wedding with us. What do you say?"

Ace's suggestion made me chuckle. "I'm down for it. An impromptu wedding sounds like us."

"Then what are you waiting for? Get ready, wife-to-be," he said, smacking my ass, making me gasp, while he winked at me.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

🖤💋