Chapter 17: Bewildered

Tiana

Waking up with a pounding headache and the lower part of my back aching. My tail bone hurts, it feels like I banged it against something. I hear footsteps from outside the bedroom.

"How does your back feel?" asks someone as they enter the room. Trying to move my head but the headache did not help at all.

"My back is sore, can I take pain killers please," I say as I realize it is Anurak.

"Maybe you should not have said those things about me, and Stefani would not have hurt you," Anurak says and then I see Taeyong walking in front of Anurak. Taeyong takes a seat by my bed and puts his handover mine.

"Tiana did nothing, Stefani attacked her. You should not trust Stefani; I was there, and Stefani attacked her. Let's be honest if Tiana did attack or said anything, she would have beat the shit out of Stefani," Taeyong says, taking the pill box on the side, opening the box and taking out a pill. He hands me the pill and his water, a plastic water bottle, "Stefani would be pulp after Tiana is done with her."

"Okay, but what happened?" I ask before taking the painkiller, placing it on my tongue. I curl my tongue making it easier for me to swallow the painkiller and bringing the bottle to my lips. Taking in a sip of water to help me swallow it. Feeling the tablet go down the wrong way, needing the urge to take a bigger and longer sip of water. Bringing the water back up to my lips, swiftly applying pressure to the bottom of the bottle. The water hits the back of my throat and I swallow. I remove the bottle from my lips and give it back to Taeyong.

"You passed out from your back injury, apparently it was just a muscle strain and Amahle knew what it was before the pandemics came and checked you. They said to take an anti-inflammatory for your back in about three days you should be healed but it will still be painful if you overwork for long periods of time, the pain should ease after a week," says Anurak, he looks at Taeyong. Anurak's jaw is not as clenched as it was a few moments ago but I feel sorry for Taeyong. Taeyong looks really shocked but he does not say anything, just shoots his brother a look before turning his attention back to me.

"So, my girlfriend might be a good doctor. The pain feels less than I was in yesterday before I apparent passed out," I say as I sit up from the bed. My tailbone hurt like hell. Yesterday's pain was hurting so bad, I felt like a hammer had hit my tailbone. The pain spread through my back, causing my stomach to also feel upset.

"I'll let your girlfriend know you are doing alright, and Stefani might be going home because she is on strike two," says Taeyong, he gets up from the chair and starts to exiting the room.

"Wait!! Hold on! Tiana and Amahle are dating! I know Aryan was bad but how bad was he that he possibly turned you lesbian!" Anurak says with a traumatized facial expression. Making both Taeyong and I laugh at his assumption, but it did anger me a bit of him assuming I am lesbian.

"I am bisexual and yes, we are dating," I say just as Taeyong leaves the room. His hand stays for a little while on the door frame before he walks out after I am done with my sentence. Anurak gives a surprised look; he goes so pale. If it is even possible with his clear skin. With an awkward silence between us until Taeyong comes back into the room with Amahle.

"Hey! How are you feeling," Amahle walks up to me with a bright yet worry smile on her face and puts her arms around me in an attempt to hug me? I do not know if she is trying to hug me but if she is, it failed terribly.

"I am feeling alright just, my tail bone is hurting like hell, but the pain killer should kick in. Other than that, I am alright," I say as I hold her hand, making sure not to dwell on my injury.

"Anurak told me; you knew what type of back injury I had before the nurse could examine me to know what was wrong. Well, done, you are going to pass your pandemic test without even trying to," I say trying to ease her stress and deflect the conversation topic from me to her.

"Yeah, you do boxing, you are probably used to getting hurt by now," Amahle says, and I wanted to add, 'I am a spy, trust me I have been through worse,' but then my cover would have been blown. The one thing with being with The Agency is going on missions regarding killing, spying, or protecting someone, you are bound to get hurt. It isn't like Hollywood made it out to be, excessive training and being put under so much more pressure than school. Sometimes it is too much to handle. The Agency now has a new rule; you have to go to see a therapist before and after a mission to make sure you are doing alright mentally and not just physically. Some schools could learn from them. The Agency also has mental health leave which jobs and schools should start doing to show they actually care about their students and employees.

"Yeah, I have to leave now, but the councillors will make you do some activities tomorrow, so you should rest," says Amahle as she gets up. I am in my room without a drip or anything which means the injury wasn't too bad.

She hugs me goodbye. "Anurak was the most worried," she whispers in my ear, letting go of her tight grip on me from hugging.

"Anurak, apparently you were undeniably worried about me," I smirk raising an eyebrow. Amahle exits the room, suspecting Anurak cares about me is pretty funny but I want to see how this plays out. I do not believe he cares about me because I know the first chance he gets to hurt or probably strangle me to death; he will take it.

"Yeah right, you are my brother's best friend. Without you, in the picture, he will never leave me alone. That annoying piece of shit would be clinging onto me," Anurak retorts, moving his left hand to touch my right hand, ever so slight squeezing it so gently.

"Thank you I guess for caring more about your brother annoying you more than me getting hurt," I say as I have a bewildered facial expression.

"Anytime Tiana, as longest my brother doesn't annoy me, I am alright," he says as he stands up and leaves me alone.

"Wait! Anurak, how long was I out for and what time is it?" I ask. Anurak stops, he slowly turns around to face me. A smirk goes across his face, and he proceeds to say, "Almost three days, the nurse was getting worried about you. It is almost supper time. You might want to get ready. Also, your back should be better by tomorrow to be able to walk from being out so long, I can help you up if you want?" With that, he turns on the ball of his heels and walks towards me, I shake my head signalling I can help myself. He gives me an uneasy look before he briskly moves away from me, exiting the room. I try to get out of bed, but my head was hurting. The painkillers are working for my back but not my head. I wonder why Anurak seemed so concerned about me, I know he was lying when he spoke to me. Why would he need to lie about him only caring about himself or is he giving me half the truth. One thing about spy training, is knowing when someone is lying to you and even though Anurak played it off smoothly, like it was the truth. I know it isn't the truth, but I shouldn't be so concerned about him lying to me, he probably lies to a lot of girls on a daily basis.

When I stand up, I feel like I am going to faint, I try my best to walk over to my suitcase but I end up using objects in the room- specifically the edge of the bed and the on wall by the cupboard- to get to my suitcase. I take my vitamin supplements, the agency hands out to all workies. To keep us- the agents- healthy. They also have on to promote fast recovery from an injury- the one I just took.

I take the pain tablet second, moving to sit onthe floor waiting for it to kick in. Leaning against the wall. My body feelingweak and exhausted for some reason, must be the heavy pain medication they havegiven me. Normally, The Agency would give us heavy pain medication but not tooheavy which we end up feeling drowsy and unable to see clearly. I wonder howGiana is doing with the mission. I wonder if she has found any clues or madeimprovements while I was passed out.