Chapter 18: Helping The Enemy

Tiana 

It has been a couple of days since the fight, not necessarily a fight since I was attacked by Stefani. If I had the chance to retaliate and hit her, she would probably be in hospital and not where the nurse on site would be looking after her, like she looked after me. I have recovered perfectly after I took some medicine that the agency gave us in case, we ever get injured; it has all the good vitamins and nutrients to make a recovery speedy. Also, some chemical composition to make your body speed up the recovery process. Giana and I are still looking for the hideout of the men, but we have gotten new leads to help us. We have tried looking in places or connecting the places we saw them to find a common place or the middle of all but it led us to a dead end, but we still have to be persistent because people's lives are endangered. Right now, I am in the gym and watching Aryan and Anurak fight. Aryan challenged Anurak for the best player. Aryan is acting all confident and better than Anurak. I thought Anurak was the definition of egotistical, but Aryan might have just beaten him to the cockiest person to have walked the Earth. I might have a type for the egotistical ones. Anurak and I have been getting along recently which is surprisingly strange, I wonder what Anurak has planned. Moving my focus out of my thoughts and towards the ring.

Anurak roundhouse kicks Aryan. Aryans face gets hit. Aryan walks into another kick by Anurak. A laugh erupts from my chest. Karma.

"Finish him," I scream to Anurak. I want revenge on Aryan and seeing him in pain is funny.

I am so going to hell.

I think to myself as Aryan hits Anurak in the knee with a low sidekick.

He is going to hurt his injured leg. Wait, why would I care if Anurak gets hurt?

I think as Anurak falls, bending on one leg. Aryan punches his head making him fall. The referee blows the whistle indicating Aryan won the point. It was an unfair point; you're not allowed to aim for the neck or upwards from the neck.

I run towards Anurak's side of the ring. To help him beat Aryan.

"Anurak, can I please help you win against Aryan?" I ask as he walks towards his side and takes a sip of water. He nods in return, putting his gum guard back in his mouth. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Anurak will be my friend for now.

"Okay, so his left rib cage is hurt, he had taken a bullet there and it hasn't been the same since. In other words, he has a weakness," I fast reply to his nod. He looks at me with astonishment that I ratted out his weaknesses.

"His left ankle has a joint problem, which will be the reason he refrains from kicking with his left leg, he always makes his left leg be on the ground in case he injures it more," I inform him, Anurak nodding as he takes all the information in.

"How is your knee?" I ask and in surprise, he takes his gum guards out and replies, "It'll be alright, you hit my knee harder, his was just shitty hit."

I nod in acknowledgement that I am stronger in kicking than Aryan.

Kind of have to be stronger than Aryan.

"Remember Aryan has anger issues so if you get him angry enough, he will lose focus and not think when he attacks you. Allowing you to stay level-headed and win, anger is weapon that can be wield against yourself," I explain, Aryans greatest weakness to Anurak, at the same time Anurak puts his gum guards back in his mouth and nods.

He walks to the middle of the ring, meeting Aryans threatening smug eyes. His eyes were so dark that even the devil would be afraid of him.

Aryans facial expressions changes from a dangerous one to a sinister one when he meets my gaze. We lock eyes and I know he is going to do something bad; I feel it in my gut. That was the same gaze he had before we had slept together, I use to like to call it 'I am about to sin gaze'. Aryan smirks at me, sending a wink my way before turning his attention back to Anurak. They get into their fighting stance.

The referee rings the bell and round two starts. Aryan does a roundhouse kick and then another roundhouse with the same foot. Anurak dodges them both and distracts Aryan by throwing a punch to the right side of Anurak's face, but his left foot isn't steady as it collides with Anurak's diaphragm, Anurak does a roundhouse to his left rib cage.

Aryan goes down holding his left rib cage with one hand, trying to get up. He looks furious.

Good, know you won't be able to think straight.

One thing the agency taught us when we first join is: anger is weapon that will be used against you, once you learn to control it, you have already won the game for the mission. If there is a slight chance of you winning, use your opponent's anger against them, making your chances of winning higher and theirs lower. 9 out often missions this advice has helped me.

Aryan lunches to punch Anurak in the jaw. He hits Anurak in the jaw and the referee blows the whistle.

"Anurak wins by default, your not allowed to hit above the shoulders," the referee states, Anurak comes towards us. Amahle moves towards him to look at his jaw.

"He is going to be alright?" I ask as she moves her hand around his jaw making sure it isn't loose.

"He should be alright, but he will need pain meds for his jaw after the fight," she reassures him, moving away from him, "Maybe even an anti-inflammatory. Due to the collision, it can cause some inflammation to happen."

"Anurak, you got this... the last round you have to win," I say, and he looks at me with shock.

"I am very competitive, and you won against me, you can beat him by far. Anurak, you got this, all you have to do is play a little dirty like he is. He is angry now which means he isn't going to be thinking about rules; use that to your advantage," a sinister smirk spreads on my face, looking him in the eyes as he looks at me and nods.

He walks up to the middle of the ring, looking towards Aryan. His eyes pierced holes in Anurak's head. If looks could kill, Anurak would be dead by now, twelve feet under.

They get into their fighting stance. The referee rings the bell. Anurak is more injured than Aryan. I start biting my nails getting worried. My anxiousness for Anurak, he must win. Aryan doesn't deserve to win anything; my opinion might be a little biased from the breakup and him choosing Amber over me- Giana overheard Amahle telling on of her friends that her ex-girlfriend cheated on her with Aryan when Aryan and I were still together. A cheater should never win anything.

Loyalty is for the rich, cheap people will never understand loyalty. You are born with either being loyal or not. You can change your social status, but you can never change if you are loyal or not. Loyal people should always be cherish in a world where disloyal people mainly thrive. I just hope I will be able to witness Aryan getting his karma.

Anurak does a sidekick. Another roundhouse with his other leg to Aryan's torso. Aryan dodges the first kick but does not see the second kick coming towards him and he gets hit by the second kick. Aryan retreats in pain trying to get away from Anurak. Anurak does a calf kick to Aryan. Aryan gets hit and his anger is once again ignited like a match ignites a flame. He tries to punch Anurak but ends up failing miserably when Anurak uses his anger to his advantage. He punches Aryan in the diaphragm making him go down gasping for air. He does a calf kick to get him more down. He then does a second calf kick to his back making him reach the floor. Knocking him out.

The referee rings the bell and holds Anurak's hand up indicating he won the round. Stefani runs up to him and kisses him. I feel a sting of my heart strings getting pulled in my chest but decide to ignore it. Nothing good will come from me liking a guy like him- it is set to end in chaos and misery. He looks at me, sorrow in his eyes. I look at Amahle with admiration for how well she took care of Anurak's injury. Making me externally smile at her. How can I like two people at the same time?

"You are differentially going to be a good paramedic," I smile, enthusiastically as she makes eye contact with me. Her eyes light up with joy and a smile spreads on her soft lips

"Thanks, buttercup," she compliments me, pressing her lips to my forehead. I take her right hand, pressing it to my lips. The corner of her lip's tugs into a playful smile as she moves away from me.