Chapter 35:Why is there fun in funeral?

Tiana

Tears, wanting to stream down my cheeks, looking at her body that lays in front of me. My lip starts to quiver, my vision getting blurry, tears threatening to explode the second I blink. Trying to keep my eyes open, my eyelids fight me, making me blink. The first tear escapes, strolling down my cheek, before the dam of tears are let go of.

I couldn't protect her even though she protected me.

"Tiana, I am so sorry for your loss," my new manager comforts me, moving her hand to the top of my back rubbing all the way back down, a loud cry escapes my lips. My vision blurrier, the salty taste of my tears reaches my tongue as another cry escapes my lips.

"Was anyone else killed?" I stutter, moving into the arms of my manager, she wraps her arms around me, still rubbing my back in a circular motion. I do not return the hug but instead, start crying harder.

"From your school no, the rest were just drugged in getting ready for their organs to be removed, they have markings on their body for getting their organs removed from their bodies and not everyone has the same markings," she answers, I break down more, my tears flowing like a river, my lips start quivering again, a cry leaves my mouth again.

"Tiana, it does not make sense, they took Hyunjin first, why would they sell Giana's organs first?" my manager states I step away from my manager, looking to see Amahle's tall figure only to find her in a wheelchair badly hurt.

She looks terrible; whip marks on her lower torso chain marks on her ankles and wrists. Her face is blue and purple, she has a stab mark between her right chest and right shoulder,

"Daniel, the camp guide did that to you?" I query, she nods in response, "I am so sorry."

Someone from the agency takes Amahle to the exit of the place.

"Tiana, he will pay for what happened but right now, we also need to find Taeyong," my manager states.

Daniel didn't do this, it was Chai Son Lie, he was way too money-hungry that he was killing teenagers for their organs. If I tell the agency, Anurak might go down with him and maybe even Taeyong or he could have someone working in the organisation with him, that is how he found out that Taeyong was on the mission. How he can find out about my family information and hurt them. I have to keep this a secret until I know my family is safe. There is a few loose ends which do not make sense just yet.

Taking a deep breath in, looking one last time at the body; her head was cracked open, probably from trying to fight for her life.

That was probably why she was the first to die.

Her stomach ripped open, dark red and brown dried liquid. You can see which specific organs were removed. My stomach twists, bringing my left hand to cover my mouth and my right hand over my stomach. Some of her entrails are hanging out of her body. Her pancreas seems to be missing. The blood around the liver or where the liver is suppose to be is the darkest colour compared to the rest. She has two whip marks, on across her chest and the other one by her left collar bone. On her right arm she has a cute going from her shoulder all the way towards her wrist.

~

Walking through the church door, seeing everyone wearing black. Reality hitting me that I will never see her again. Tears fill my eyes, I see a male dressed in black, his figure oddly familiar. I go towards the second ail, sitting next to Jack.

My eyes start rapidly blinking, trying not to cry again. Her mom is crying, her father looks like he is still taking in the reality of what happened to his daughter.

"It is so sad what happened to Giana," Jack sorrowful states, turning to face me, I do the same. Looking at him, lip shaking, his eyes start to become watery. I move my arms around his neck, his arms making their way around my waist and shoulder. He grabs the back of my dress, where my shoulders are, a cry leaves his lips, making me break. My tears breaking loose, my eyes could not hold them back. My throat tightens, preventing me from speaking. The whole church was quiet all you could hear is sniffing and cries from people.

She was so young. Why did she die? She did not deserve this; it should have been me. I should have figured everything out faster, then maybe Giana would still be alive. She didn't even get to finish her goals in life.

"Can I have your attention, we will start now," the priest firmly states. Jack and I pull away from each other, moving my dress sleeves to my eyes, roughly whipping them away from my upper cheek where my tears start to my lower cheek, where they start to fall down. I look down at my dress. It lay mid-thigh, the waist-elastic hugged my waist. I feel my eyes start watering, closing my eyes, completely. Opening my eyes again, looking at the water droplets on my black dress as it soaks into the dress.

Jack grabs my arm, making me look at him, he is looking towards her body. I can not see her body, it makes me feel like it is all my fault for her being dead.

The truth is, that it was my fault, my old manager was right! I am only good at getting information, they say the best spies have all lost many lives but saved more while during their missions but it pains, knowing if I was faster she would have been alive. That Amahle would not be as injured as she is now.

Getting too caught up in my thoughts I had not noticed that the family was moving the body to go and bury what is left of her body.

Her beautiful body had been destroyed cause I couldn't do my job fast enough.