Chapter 30: Bonfire

Tiana

"Let's go to the bonfire tonight," Taeyong insists, while we walk into the main hall for breakfast. We grab a tray and make our way into the line.

"Do I have a choice?" I query while a laugh escapes my mouth.

"Nope, either way, I am dragging your ass with me," he condemned, while the ladies dishes our breakfast. There was Ramen noodles, sunny side up egg, lamb Macon and rice with fried veggies in this line. She dishes me the hot spicy Ramen.

This is going to be hot like my granny's crab curry. My checks are going to be red, actually no...my whole face is going to be red, and my mouth is going to be on fire. The stuff I do for my love for spicy food.

Next to the ramen noodles, she adds one egg for both Taeyong and I.

"Ma'am do you have chopsticks?" questions Taeyong, she just shakes her head towards us, making no eye contact with either of us. She starts dishing for the person behind us.

"Thank you, ma'am," we both chime.

"Yeah, I guess some fun never hurt any spies," I utter under my voice, walking to the table with my friends.

I feel like with the mission I have neglected them. Missions come and go but true friends stay.

"So, anyone going to the bonfire today?" Taylor asks, raising attention to the bonfire which is happening tonight. The whole group went quiet, they look deep in thought.

Why is everyone obsessing over this bonfire? The bonfire happens every week, what is different with this week's bonfire?

"Yeah," and "Me," everyone at the table chirps while chowing their food down.

"So, we have to look hot like I want to impress my crush," Alex states, bringing his spoon to his face, which had rice mixed with fried veggies and gravy.

I still do not know who he likes, he has not stated a name yet. He keeps her a secret and I am beginning to think she is a book girlfriend from one of his books, he always sends Taeyong information about.

"Oh. C'mon, I am sure she likes you," Devon murmurs, eating his pap and wors.

So Devin knows who Alex's crush is. How does he know who she is? I need to have a serious catch-up session with my friends.

"Where's Gabriella?" Adesh chirps in, he slowly puts his tray of food down, pulling out his chair. His tray consists of rice mixed with fried veggies. I almost forgot he is vegetarian. He sits down and starts eating, moving a spoon to carry the rice. He raises the spoon up, moving his torso forward towards the food and puts the fork in his mouth.

"Very traditional, Adesh using a spoon to eat," I sarcastically remark, laughing while saying that. He gives me a dirty look before he also laughs.

"Says you, you're eating noodles with a fork, no chopsticks?" he comments.

"No, they said they do not have," I let a low laugh escape my lips, "Also I am South Asian not East Asian."

"I have no idea but I think the camp is haunted," Kevin fearfully shivers, stating something completely off topic but getting everyone's attention.

"You can not tell me you believe in that crap," Adesh sass', slurring his coffee down. Taeyong makes eye contact with me, as I do the same.

"Ayt, imma dip and be back within seconds," Santiago states, he grabs his tray and starts leaving.

I miss my friends so much, with the whole mission... I haven't really had time to think about them or even be around them that much. I have only been focusing on the mission. Talk about being a bad friend. The mission got my priority over my friends. It is not always adrenaline and fights when it comes to being a spy or assassin sometimes you lose friends because you go off the grid or can not contact them until the mission or task is over.

"We all should probably dress up hot," Taylor comments, completely distracting us from what Kevin just stated.

I nod my head as I start slurping down my noodles that the lady had dished out for me.

"Tiana slow down, the food isn't running anywhere," Taeyong exaggerates.

"Leave me alone, I am a growing child," I state between eating the noodles. My friends start laughing.

All do respect, I barely ate yesterday's supper because they had food that had milk, so they should leave me alone. The privileges of not being lactose intolerant really shows.

"You know if you like hot and spicy, you should try me," Anurak arrogantly states, walking past our table. Does this boy ever give up?

"The only men that is hot and spicy and will never disappoint me is Ramen noodles," I aggressively remark as I bring the fork towards me, opening my mouth. Chewing the Ramen, not wanting to take a breath in cause that will activate the hotness of the Ramen noodles. One thing I learnt from eating hot food, is the minute you breathe in, that is when the spiciness hits.

Anurak walks to his table, Stefani grabs his food with her fork, and he looks at her with disgust. I divert my attention back to my food.