Chapter 40

LULU POV
2 weeks later

Hakken got released from the hospital 3 days ago. I'm happy yet I enjoyed being alone. I had some time to think. I looked at myself in the mirror and damn, I'm getting big.

Hakken: You good?

Me: Yeah I'm okay.

Hakken walks around with one crotch, only until he feels as if he doesn't need it anymore. He came behind me and put his hand on my belly.

Hakken: Can't wait to meet him man.

Me: Can't wait to have him out of me.

Hakken: You can say that again (mumbling).

Me: Excuse me?

Hakken: Nothing, come on we gotta go.

He helped me downstairs because he doesn't want me to slip or fall. We got into the car and he started driving.

Me: Where we going?

Hakken: You always ask questions baby.

Me: Is it wrong to ask where the fuck we're going?

He looked at me and kept quiet. He focused on the road and I couldn't help but feel bad.

Me: I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to come out the way it did.

He hummed and continued focusing on the road.

Me: Can you pull over?

He kept his eyes on the road, I sighed and spoke again.

Me: Please.

He sighed and continued driving but he eventually pulled over on the side of the road. He switched the car off and laid back in his seat. I then took his hand and held it.

Me: I know I haven't been the best girlfriend ever since I got pregnant but you have to understand that I'm not doing this on purpose. I know it hasn't been easy for you to take care of me when I'm such a bitch to you but I'm so sorry baby.

Hakken: Nah it's not entirely your fault. I should've used protection with you and now I should be supporting you instead of being an asshole. I'm sorry.

Me: It's okay, I'm just glad we managed to talk it out.

He nodded his head and leaned in giving me a kiss. We resumed our drive.

Me: Sooooo....

Hakken: I'm not telling you where we're going Lulu (chuckling).

I giggled and sat back in my seat. I then saw that we were driving up Hakken's moms house but there was a lot of cars here.

Me: Hakken what's going on?

Hakken: Just a small party babe.

It doesn't look like a small party to be honest. We got out the car and we went in but nobody was here. What's going on?

Me: Where's everybody?

Hakken: I don't know. Maybe out back?

We went into the kitchen, that's weird, the sliding door has a curtain on it. He opened the door and pushed past the curtain. I followed him.

Everyone: SURPRISE!!

I was shocked. The theme was baby blue and I realised that it was my baby shower. I couldn't help it, I bursted into tears. Hakken then hugged me and kissed me on the forehead.

Hakken: All for you baby.

Hakken's mom came over and held my hand. She pulled me away from Hakken into a crowd of people. I looked back at to see if Hakken was following us and he was gone. I don't like being away from him. She sat me down on a chair.

I looked around hoping I'd see Hakken so I can be with him but I couldn't see him. I then felt my tears falling, I don't like being away from him.

Hakken's mom: Whats wrong baby?

Me: I want Hakken momma.

Hakken's mom: Okay I'll call him.

She brought out her phone and called him. Seconds later I saw him walking into the crowd till he made his way to me.

Hakken: What's wrong mamas? Why you crying baby?

Me: D-don't leave me please.

Hakken: Okay i won't baby.

He sat down beside me and held my hand. I then felt myself cheer up. This has been happening a lot lately. I've became very attached to Hakken and I hate it when he leaves my sight.

Hakken's mom: Let's take a few pictures okay?

I nodded my head and Hakken's mom came and stood by us. The camera man in front of us took a few photos and left with Hakken's mom. I then felt a kick to my stomach which made me groan also getting Hakken's attention.

Hakken: You okay baby?

Me: Yeah I'm fine.

Hakken: Maybe I should take you back home, you don't look so good.

Me: I'm fine Hakken, I just need some water.

He got up and left, I then saw Yuhan, Kioara, Kimono and his girlfriend coming my way. I was happy to see them.

Kimono: Hey there prince (smiling).

Me: What the fuck? That's queen to you.

Kimono: I was talking to my nephew man.

Oh no she didn't.

Me: Ouch that hurt.

Yuhan: I missed your pregnant penguin ass man.

Me: Yeah I missed you guys too.

Hakken finally came back with my water and I drank it.

Kimono: How you doing Ken?

Hakken: Just tired man but I'm good and you?

Yuhan: We're good.

You can feel the atmosphere change and the tension between the three of them. It was so awkward so I decided to speak.

Me: Oh come on, you guys have been best friends for so many years man. Just make up and move on already damn.

They were all silent for a few seconds.

Kimono: Yeah she's right. We missed you bro.

Hakken: I missed you guys too. Sorry for going ghost on y'all for so long. This whole pregnancy thing hasn't been easy, I just wanted to make sure she's okay man.

Yuhan: We understand man, we know it ain't easy to take care of bunny (chuckling).

Me: The fuck is that supposed to mean?

I raised my eyebrow while looking at them all.

Hakken: Oh nothing baby, you hungry?

I nodded my head and watched the three of them leave while I sat with Kioara and Kimono's girl Ammani.

Ammani: Damn your nigga went all out huh?

Me: Yeah I don't know what I'd do without that man.

I saw that Hakken, Yuhan and Kimono laughing together. I'm glad they worked things out.

To be continued.....