Investigator

LORENZO ROMANO

I glared at one of Maximo men who was trying to talk to a lady but it seemed like she didn't want his time. Maximo, my father said he needed to see me so here I was in his warehouse walking to his office. Some of his men tried to gain my attention but I ignored them, I was in no mood for their boring talks.

I got to father's office and opened the door, there he was with one of his numerous whores. I stood by the door leaning against the wall, they weren't aware of my presence until I cleared my throat.

"Uscire" I hissed as she scrambled on her feet picking up her clothing which coukd easily fit into that small purse, she ran out the room as fast as she could. I almost felt bad that she had to leave half naked but did not since it was a normal thing for her. (Get out)

Dad chuckled and whirled his seat around. I sat opposite him the glared still on my face. He pulled out a file from his drawer and slammed it on the table.

I picked the file sizing it up before opening it. Below it was my father's signature and that of another person, I read through it maintaining my calm demeanour, I was boiling inside and so much wanted to punch this man's head.

"No" I snapped, slamming the paper back on the table.

"There was never an option. If you don't accept it your younger brother will become the don of the mafia" He smirked leaning down into the chair.

I growled and next I know, my hands were wrapped round his neck. Whether he was my father or not, I'm going to kill him one day. That was the last thing I promised my mother.

I was so enraged that he almost passed out before I let go. His face was red and disgusting but through it, he laughed.

"I have worked hard for this mafia since I turned fifteen and I've yielded to every one one of your request. You are going to sign the document and hand the mafia over to me" I lifted his chin so we were eye to eye.

He stopped laughing "On one condition will I hand over the mafia, sposarla" (marry her)

I did not respond and picked up her file flipping it over. Her picture was pasted on the next page with her name, Ava Anderson. I narrowed my eyes on the picture, I have seen this girl before.

She is a friend of Marco, my brother. I smiled as I turned to my father who was gulping down a glass of water.

"I'll marry her" I said. His eyes wodened his suprise at my positive answer. With that, I walked out of his office. I went to my house and read the file again. There was not much about her so I called my personal investigator.

I did not want to call my brother even though I knew he knows a lot about her and besides, he was not going to tell me anything. There was a knock on the door before Matteo walked in.

Matteo Paolo, a fifty seven year old man but does not look like one who was getting old. He lost his wife long ago and engaged in illegal stuffs to keep him busy from what I heard. As usual, he was smoking and in his other hand was what I've been waiting for. He dropped the large black envelope and went over to sit on the couch.

I tore over the envelope, eager to see what was inside.

Name: Ava Anderson

Real father: Alessandro Rossi

Real mother: Camilia Anderson

Adopted father: Giorgio Anderson

Age: 21

I read through the rest quickly.

"You have to pay an huge amount for thar. I was suprised that the Rossi is her real family, her mother must be a player" He chuckled at his boring joke, still smoking that suit.

I never like the idea of someone smoking in her presence but I had to endure this man. He was an important person to me, a normal investigator wouldn't have found out about the Rossi.

I dropped the paper "This is nice, she probably doesn't know about her real family, how did she end up with the Anderson's?" I asked.

"No idea, this was all planned out because I could not get any other information but I think Alessandro never wanted a female child so she was probably abandoned" He answered playing with the wedding band on his hand.

I learnt his wife died years ago and he had never taken off the ring.

"Is that all?" I asked watching him carefully.

"She is Marco's friend, your father knows her family for so long and did some sort of business with her father but Ava met Marco by coincidence" He stood up and dropped his account number written on a card.

I had almost a hundred of this so I see no reason why he gives me everytime. I watched him leave and as usual, he threw the cigarette into the waste bin.

I smiled as a thought crawled into my head, I was sure going to give this lady a nice visit tonight at her apartment.

I had another thing to do before then. One of my shipment worth 2 million dollars was stolen and it was all leading to the Rossi family. I wondered how long this family was going to understand who was the boss here.

The Romano family is always a step ahead.

I specifically.

Ava Anderson

"Ahhhh" I screamed when I turned around, the drugs dropped from my hands. Marco was standing in my front, his hands tucked into his pocket.

"You scared me" I whispered as I tried to steady my breathing, Marco bent to pick up the drugs before placing it back into the nylon bag.

"I didn't mean to scare you" He said. I looked down at his left hand to see that it was bandaged.

I grabbed it so I could examine it properly, his knuckles were rough with traces of blood like he had been fighting all day. I looked up at him demanding an explanation.

"Someone made me angry so I punched his brain out" He said wincing when I pressed his pinky finger. We were both standing on the walkway of the hospital so I pushed him into the nearest empty room.

"Marco, not all problem needs fighting as a solution" I tried to scold him but of course he never listens.

"I could not resist. It is so tempting to always fighting especially when brought up in such environment" He muttered the last part to himself and jumped into the small bed.

I don't really know much about his childhood because he always tried to avoid talking about the topic as much as possible.

I just know that he grew up with his father and grandmother since his mother died when he was young. He never talks about any siblings so I assumed he was an only child.

I stood beside his bed and asked the question I've been wanting to ask since yesterday "Were you at my flat yesterday?"

He looked up at me "No, why did you ask?"

I sat the drug down on the bed and did the same.

"I woke up this morning and some things were not right. My shoes which were at the entrance of the door was placed on the shoe rank and my pizza box was discarded" I said.

He sighed " I'll see what I can do"

I did not tell him about the letter from the Romano family so I skipped it. It was probably those children who lived down the hallway.

I left him in the room so I could, do go attend to a patient but not before telling him to wait so I could treat his injury. I'm sure he wrapped the bandage by himself without the help of a medical personnel.

1407 words.

20 reads so far and I'm grateful. Pls as you read feel free to share your opinion on the book and ask questions.

And don't forget to make that star button shine👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

Press it fast.

Love you.

-Akachi