Club

Lorenzo Romano

The club was bubbling by the time I got there, it was one of the well known club in the city and it belonged to me.

The entrance was filled with people awaiting to enter so I passed the backdoor not wanting to get unwanted attention from the people who always wants to take pictures with me.

Marco had informed me that one of our business partners wanted to meet me in person if not, he would cut off from us. That was what brought me here.

The hallway that lead to my office was cleared apart from my men that were positioned in some corners. The camera beeped and I knew that Marco was aware of my presence.

The automatic door scanned me before it opened. I remained by the door once I entered to see if anyone had entered since the last time I came.

The newspaper I positioned at an angle on my table was the way I left it along with the pen in kept behind te door. A knock came on the door and I pulled it open knowing who was there.

Dante stumbled into the room with a bottle of beer in hand.

"I thought you said you were going to call me?" He asked at the seat across from mine. I picked up the pen and went to do the same.

"Bring in the man in" I said.

He sent a text message and a few seconds later the man entered. From his appearance, he was probably in his sixties from those grey hairs that were taking up space.

An eye patch covered his right eye covering the scar that was hidden behind. He was limping even with that walking stick he held.

From what Dante told me, he was one of our potential customers so I took up to give him some sort of respect.

"Welcome" I said, gesturing for him to take a seat.

"I had to meet the person whom I was doing business with" He said and dropped the walking stick after sitting down. I signalled to Marco to go check thing out incase this whole thing goes north.

"By the way, I'm Cain by name" He said bringing out a lighter for the cigarette he had.

"Were the right amount of drugs you ordered for not delivered to you?" I asked.

I was having this feeling that something was either wrong or about to go wrong.

"No, I like the competent of you men but boy-"

"The name is Mr Romano" I said my fists already forming a ball. Dante entered the office, I hope he did the job I sent him because I don't know why I'm seeing lipstick stain on his shirt.

"Yes Mr Romano. Like I was saying, I really like the competent of this mafia and I was delighted when I got the news that you would soon become the done" He said blowing get the smoke in the already stuffy place.

"What are you getting at?" I said getting impatient. I had other things to do instead of listening to gibberish.

"I think that this mafia is getting boring, when you father was here he was always trading prostitutes-"

"That was my father not me. Those girls were not prostitute because they were trafficked without their permission" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"So?" He looked around the office like he was looking for some missing while his hand was secretly doing something mysterious under my table.

He was thing to distract me but doing it the wrong way.

"We don't trade humans" I stated.

"You are too young for this boy" He replied looking at me like I was his son.