Man

Ava Anderson

It was night time already and I was done with my last patient, so I walked home. The night was cold which made me walk faster and in about fifteen minutes time, the entrance of my building came into view.

Across the road a group of teenagers gathered round an expensive car, a lamborghini. This area was for middle class citizens so I wondered who owned the car, maybe just a visitor or a friend of someone because if any one in this area bought such car he or she should be planning on relocating.

I took the stairs up to the fifth floor, the elevator was not functioning well and just last week, a woman that doesn't live here was sucked inside. If I was her, it was her giving me trauma for days or I would have fainted from panic attack.

I sighed once I was in my flat, it was a long and tiring day. My shoes were placed beside the door in such a way that if it was moved by one inches, I would know especially after my suspicions last night.

I quickly bolted the locks behind my door and walked into the room. I stopped in my steps seeing that the lamp beside my television was turned on.

Someone groaned "What cologne are you using?" A man was sitted on my couch watching the television.

I screamed and bolted for the door, my bag dropped in the process.

I wished I had payed attention during sport class back in high school or made good use of my legs because in the next moment, the man was at the door blocking the way.

When did he pass me?

I stepped backward moving back into the living room, my lips were also moving silently in prayers. It was as of my life was flashing right before me.

The man stood calmly by the door towering over me. I gently removed my hand from the door handle and started moving backwards slowly, there was no use shouting because the neighbours won't even bother to leave their flats.

The wall soon came against my back and I said a prayer silently, he was still by the door watching my every move with those dark eyes of his. I remained by the door wishing it would open up.

"W-who are you?" I asked stuttering. My eyes darted to the huge bulge that looked like that of a gun under his shirt, it was silver in colour unlike the normal guns I see on screen.

"You don't have to know" He said and tried to move the gun knowing fully well I had seen it already.

Who even gave him licence to carry a gun?

I slowly moved away from the wall closer to the kitchen door, he looked amused by my movement and I caught a smirk by the corners of his lips but it was quickly replaced with a frown.

"The door is locked, I found out you are good with sharp instrument and I'm not in the mood for a fight" He moved into the room and sat on the couch as if he owned the place.

I pushed the kitchen door to see if he spoke the truth "How did you get into my flat?" I couldn't help the quiver in my voice as I tried to steady myself.

He picked the television remote not taking his eyes off me "There is nothing money cannot do especially in tne case of a greedy landlord. He can't even take care of the building, the elevator almost trapped me in" He said.

He looked away focusing his attention on the reality show that was on. I was sure he was still watching me.

"You were probably the one who entered the flat yesterday, what do you want from me?" I asked boldly this time around. There was no way he was going to kill me because he would have done so the moment I entered the room, he was also not here to rob me.

He looked up confused "This is my first time in your house, don't accuse me wrongly" He glared holding the remote tightly, I used money to buy that.

"What do you want from me?" I asked again. I moved closed to the glass jar my mother had gifted me two years ago.

"Don't try to touch that jar, I'm way faster and stronger than you. For your question, I have a business proposal for you"

"Please leave, I won't call the cops. I have nothing about business to do with you so leave" I said.

He looked at his wrist watch before looking back up "You have a church service to attend so don't me late. Meet me at the Lauren restaurant tomorrow by seven to talk and don't be late" His voice was calm but one could hear the edge of warning in it.

He stood up and started walking closer to me. My heart was beating loudly betraying the bold upfront I put on.

I almost sighed in relief when he opened the kitchen door and walked inside. He took out a pack of chocolate from the fridge. After then he walked out without looking back.

I sighed in relief.

I remained by the wall staring at the door until my phone ranged snapping me out of the trance.

The bag was still by the door and I rushed over and made sure the door was locked before taking out the phone. It was Marco calling.

"Marco, I need you. Someone was in the flat when I got here" I rushed out quickly before he had to say anything.

"Calm down, I'm on the stairs with pizza box so don't me fall it, open your door" He replied.

****************

Lorenzo Romano

I got into my car and opened the pack of chocolate, I had seen it in her house earlier and planned on taking it which I did.

Another car packed down the road and I watched as the silhouette got out with something in his hands. He got closer into the building until the lights revealed his face.

Marco.

I had planned to go over to his house after now to tell him about the marriage contract but I guess that had to wait. I pulled out my phone and called one of the guys I had assigned tonight to watch over her.

Someone entered her flat last night according to her and I had to find out who, I suspected my father since he was the one who brought up this whole marriage thing.

"Cappo" He picked up after the second ring.

"Watch her flat closely this night, report even the slightest movement" I said. A car horned behind mine and I drove away.

How was the chapter?

Vote
Comment
Share ❤

1146 words.