Police

Ava Anderson

We were at the police station and it looked like the officer we were saying our report to was not going to answer us anytime soon. I've been trying to explain how I saw the strange letter and man in the flat, we even bought drinks for him before he could give us his attention.

"-then he left the house with my chocolate" I placed my elbows on my thigh and rested my face on my palm.

He sighed "First, you got a letter that could have been a prank from-"

"It was not a prank, does the Romano family not ring a bell?" Zoe asked raising her voice, I squeeze her hands.

The officer narrowed his eyes at her before speaking "The Romano family does not have time for people like you. Tell me, do one of you come from an influential family?" He quirked his eyebrow.

Zoe wanted to speak but I squeeze her hand tighter. I saw where he was going with this, trying to know about our family financial position so he can ask for bribe before helping us.

So much for the 'la polizia è tua amica' which Zoe said meant police are your friend that was in a friend outside the station.

"It does not matter, you are the police and we should be looking up to you in situations like this, what was that sign outside, the police are your friend?" I spoke calmly in contrast to Zoe's expression who looked like she wanted to leave here.

"This is Italy, you need power and connections for the police to listen to you, if you think others or I will help you then you must be dreaming. The Romano family can destroy my career with just a snap of their finger. I have six children and bills to pay" He grumbled bringing out a pack of cigarette from his drawers.

These are the same set of people who arrest drunkards and smokers yet they do the same.

They are the criminals themselves.

"Okay if you are not going to help with that, the man told me to meet him at the Lauren restaurant, can I at least get some security by my door in case he comes back?" I asked pleasing with him.

He blew the smoke grumbling out some words in italian.

"Please use the door" He said, turning away from us. Zoe's pulled me out until we were both in the car, I sighed over and over again.

"Corruption is creeping into every place in the world, I brought us here thinking we were going to get some help. Will the world ever get better?" She asked.

My silence gave her the answer to that question.

I watched from the side window as an expensive looking car packed down the road, a man got out with a briefcase and he walked into the police station. Few minutes later, he came out with the office we just finished taking to.

I looked at Zoe who was already watching the scene playing before us, the office soon walked back inside with the briefcase in hand. The unknown man stood in front of our car with a smirk on his face before walking over to his.

What just happened there?

"We have to tell Marco everything that happened this morning, I have this feeling that that man just payed he officer"

I didn't get to hear what she was saying as I got down from the car and ran over to the man's car. I tapped on the tinted glass of the driver's side.

The man rolled down the glass, a sunglasses on his face.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked. I probably looked like someone that does not know what she is doing, what exactly do I want to talk to him about?

"Go find something else to do" He smirked rolling the window back up. He drove out leaving me standing in the middle of the street.

"Ava, what was that?"

Lorenzo Romano

"Mr officer, don't give that lady much attention. You don't want to lose your job, do you?" I asked pacing around in my office.

"N-no sir" He answered stuttering.

"Good" I cut the call.

Paul called that she was in the police station with that friend of hers, Zoe. Even if I had not called the officer there was nothing he can do, I had men working for me in the police and one day the Italian police will be controlled by me, when I fully become the Don.

Dante, my assistant entered the office without knocking. He was one of those that did such things, if it was another person their head would be on the floor already.

"The weapons we shipped from America has arrived. Every other thing is intact but I noticed that drugs worth three million dollars were missing and we have a suspect?" He sat on my seat crossing his leg over.

I grinned enjoying situations like this "is it our men?"

"Yes, someone new. I knew there was someone, etching suspicious about that guy when he started working in one of our clubs so I assigned him a new position and he fell right into our trap" He chuckled.

"I'm sure he's some young idiot working for another gang. He should have done better than to steal from me" We both walked out of the office into the underground prison.

I cringed at the smell of blood, this place needed thorough cleaning.

There he was tied to a chair. I have not seen him before as Dante said he was new because I know every one of my men.

"Go to the police station in Milan with a bag filled with money but don't gove anyone. Make sure Ava sees you and don't talk to her" I said to Dante who grunted in reply.

I told him about the marriage contract this morning, he was my most trusted man so the information about Ava is safe with him.

One of my men brought a chair in which I placed in front of this spy. I asked for a stool and my box which contained my special knives for operations like this.

"Just kill me" He managed to say through his busted lips. I grinned watching his expression, he tried to look brave but he was definitely afraid.

I wondered how he joined my mafia when I preferred more Matured men, he was a teenager and had a life ahead of him instead of wasting it in the mafia.

"Who are you working for?" I asked while feeling the edge of one of the knife, it needed sharpening.

"I won't say" He coughed out blood.

"Chi ti ha mandato?" I asked getting annoyed already. ( who sent you)

"I am not meant to say it. I prefer to die because of I tell you, my family will be killed" He coughed out more blood. I don't know why Dante brought me here when he had done most of the job.

I leaned on the chair, an idea forming already "Even if you do not tell me, your family will still be killed" I began "save your life and family by telling me who sent you and I promise that your family will be safe" I said.

He sighed "I was always meeting the man in the dark so I never saw his face. I only got one thing that could link you to him, I stole a paper tat has his signature on it but I don't know I'd that is of any use" He said.

"Where is the paper?"

"In my room, under my bed"

He was an armature, who keeps something like that under a bed?

"Quanti anni hai?" I asked. He tried to look at me through his one swollen eye as the other was closed. (How old are you)

"Diciannove" He answered. (Nineteen)

"Once all this is over, you are leaving this country with your family to where ever you are taken. You are too young to be in the mafia" I said and dropped the knife back into the box.

"Thank you, the drugs are also under the bed. I hope I will be about to pay back for today"

"What's your name?"

"Angelo"

I walked out of there after giving instructions to my men to loosen him.

How was the chapter?

Vote
Comment
Share ❤

1410 words