Conversation

Lorenzo Romano

After crossing to my library, I stepped into the hallway. Loud footsteps drew closer to where I was and I knew that it was neither Marco nor Dante. Nonna never liked climbing the stairs because she complained how it was making her waist ache.

There is only one person who would be snooping around here right now, that person is Ava.

She was never meant to be here in the first place that was why I had her room located on the floor below this one.

Without making sound, I switched off the lights in the hallway. The footsteps stopped and it started retreating back to where it came from, too late, the door would close before she gets there.

I flinched at the sound of her scream.

The screaming was followed by loud banging on the metallic door, I almost laughed at that. I crept up behind her watching as her voice lowered and her stance became weak.

The place was dark but not to dark to see the outline of her figure. I turned back the light and rushed to her before she fell to the ground.

I crouched down beside her wanting to see why she was still, not moving. Her body was shaking as of the temperature was cold, her pale lips were moving slowly.

"Ms Anderson?" I called out. There was not response from her side, it was only her lips still moving.

"Ava?" I reached out and carried her up from the door. Her arms immediately went around my neck as she rested her face in the nook of my neck.

She was so heavy despite her thin figure.

I have never had anyone holding unto me in this position, hugging  me tightly even in an unconscious state. I was not used to comforting people so I didn't know what to say or do to her.

I walked us both to my bedroom. My left hand had to prevent her from falling sick I opened the door to the bedroom. I dropped her gently on the bed letting out a sigh at getting the weight off me.

"Ava, wake up" I said poking her fore head.  Slowly, one eyes opened followed by the other. She shot up from the bed, breathing heavily as she looked around my bedroom.

"You are in my room" I stated.

"H-how?" She stuttered staring at the wall  behind my head, she was obviously trying to avoiding eye contact with me.

"How did I get here?" She asked scurrying out of the bed from the other side, she rounded the bed until she was standing right in front of me leaving about two steps distance between us.

Ava Anderson

"How did I get here?" I asked, I got off the bed and went to the other side where he was standing. I made sure to leave some distance since I didn't really trust him.

"You fainted" His tone held that of mockery, a sly smirk formed at the corner of his lips. His grayish eyes pierced mine as if he could read all that was on my mind.

It was then I remembered all that had happened and how I ended up against a closed doors.  He was certainly there when all that happened, he might even be the cause of it all.

"Thanks you" I said, I really did not know what exactly I was thanking him for.

First kidnapping me? For creeping into my bedroom last night to shut the windows? For saving me today?

"You shouldn't be snooping around, Ms Anderson" I found, inched at the way he called my name. I bare,you heard when he called me Ava earlier on but it was so much better that hearing him call me by my last name, it made me feel old.