Questions

Ava Anderson

I groaned rolling over to my edge of the bed before switching off the alarm clock. Zoe was still asleep despite the loudness of the lock, nothing ever wakes that girl.

I quickly did my business under the shower and dressed in a comfortable brown hoodie and denim jeans. My first destination was Lorenzo's office. I knocked on the door waiting for a response on the other side but none came, it was unlike him not to be in there benthic time of the day.

Since our engagement party which was a week ago, he had spent most time in the office planning our wedding.

The past one week has been normal? I mean I wake up to loud screaming coming from Alice daughter, sofia, drink some cereal or proper breakfast with the family, check out the hospital since some of his men often go on 'operations'. Then I read my bible with Zoe which sofia had made it an habit to join and sometime Marco, if forced.

I try as much to avoid Dante's never ending prank, assist Nonna in the garden which is where the wedding's going to take place and end the day with an hot cup of tea by Lorenzo's side which ended on a bad note yesterday.

"Day dreaming about me?" I jumped in fright at the all too familiar voice.  I swirled around to see the intruder himself dressed in an all black suit, I've never seen him on any casual clothing.

"Whatever keep you awake" I said rolling my eyes. I walked away from his door down to the kitchen, he was silently following behind. I made two cups of tea which I gave a glass to him, he grudgingly collected it because he preferred coffee.

Too bad the coffee making machine was destroyed by little Sofia.

"Thanks" He muttered collecting the cup and sat on a stool beside mine, I watched as he sniffed the tea and a small smile played on his lips.

He took a sip and nodded in confirmation, I brushed looking away. It was like I was waiting for a comment from him.

"Why were you are my office door?" He asked.

I sat up properly before giving an answer "I actually came to ask you for something"

He raised his eyebrow "No wonder you made a glass of tea for me. If it's something that is in my capacity to do, I'll try" He said taking another sip, I watched as his Adam apple went up and down.

I've always wanted to hit someone there to know if it's painful.

I cleared my throat "I wanted to ask for your permission to take those sweet snacks in there" I said pointing at the refrigerator.

"I live here now so I have same rights as you" I added confidently, there was no way I was taking no for an answer. If I can remember clearly the first time I saw him, he took something from my refrigerator.

"On one condition, you will reconcile with your parent" He stated.

It was my turn to smile, an angelic one at that.

"I was never holding malice against my parents. I was only angry at my mother because she never told my father I was not his biologically. He practically raised me like his own and it must have hurt to know I'm not. I was also angry at them both for not telling me of this marriage contract but then I forgave them. I'm not like you who refused to speak to Dante for stealing your chocolate " I said crossing my arms over my chest.

He seemed suprised by my last statement but quickly recovered "You can take whatever you like in there"

"Thanks" I mumbled.

The kitchen was quite thereafter, each of us sipping our team.  Some maids entered the kitchen to make breakfast but left as soon as they sighted Lorenzo, it was like they were scared of being in the same space with him.