Suspicious

Ava Romano

"You can have mine" Enzo teased. I huffed in response and stomped over to the car slamming the door when he got closer, Dejavu. I chuckled remembering the time he did the saw narrowly missing my precious nose after giving me a tour of the mansion.

The next stop we made was a sea life aquarium. I admired the different species of fish and the way thy had the freedom to move about in their home. I had forced Enzo to take a picture each time I saw a new species, the pictures were sent to the others back in the hotel.

My expression almost dampened when Dante typed that he had mistakenly me for a fish if not that Alice told him it was really me.

"I have dreamt of being a fish while growing" I said taking a sip of the cold juice.

"Why?" He asked as I got into the car. He got in after me and scrolled down the window, I was relieved I got to breath normal air instead of being stuffed in the air conditioned car.

"I wanted to be a mermaid to be precise, you know in those barbie movies where she was one. My mom got a tail for me on my seventh birthday" I told him before closing my eyes, I was already tired from visiting only two places and he had more in mind.

He hummed "I was fascinated with spiderman. There was a time I tied ropes to every corner of the mansion, my father came unexpectedly from one of the trips that day and my mother was the one who suffered for my childish behaviour" He muttered the last part more to himself, I didn't need to open my eyes to know he was feeling guilty for everything his mother has gone through for his sake. Taking his hand in mine, I stylishly changed the topic to a more lively conversation which didn't go unnoticed by him.

The next landmark we went to was the tower of London. I was in awe at the architectural designs, it was a castle on it own. We didn't stay long there as Enzo noticed my weariness so we went on to the Kew garden. It was so beautiful to behold, filled with rare flowers and plants, housed in a victorian glass greenhouse. I face timed Dante to show him the garden, the call was ended father I told him he looked like one of the withered flower.

Out last stop was at the Buckingham palace. Yes you read right, we got to visit where the royal family loved. I got to see the nineteen state rooms as the tour guide showed us around, this palace was magnificent.

"The king is not currently in good state of health, he would have loved to meet you" Enzo said non-chalantly. I knew he could do something like that, before coming here, he told me his family were often invited to dinner with his grandmother being the major distributors of wines for the royal family and he had chains of hotels round the world.

I laughed quietly tucking a lone hair behind my ear "Meet the king?, I'm not meant to say this but I'm glad he isn't receiving visitors. Can you see what I'm wearing?" I asked staring down at the choice of clothing I picked. It was one of his large white hoodie which covered me down to my thigh, a baggy black Jean and my feet were covered in pink crocs.

Nice way to present myself to the royal family, Note the sarcasm.

He stared down at me, confusion written all over his face "You look beautiful, the king would have said the same thing" He complimented.

The way those simple compliments came out without him knowing how it made me feel, it always made my day.

"Thanks" I managed to say. My cheeks were probably tainted red from the too much blushing I had in a few hours.

My legs were aching when we got back to the hotel, Dante and Alice had gone out for dinner leaving Marco who was stuffing his belly with boxes of pizza. I left Enzo who wanted to have a 'talk' with him to check out the shopping bags. When we went out of the palace, I decide to check out some nearby stores and we had an argument on who was going to pay for everything.