Revelation

Lorenzo Romano

"He's not your biological father, he signed a contract with my father that you should marry me once you turn twenty one" I said calmly.

She stumbled backwards holding on to a chair, her face was blank but confusion swirled round her eyes. From my line of sight, Dante was eating the scene by loudly chewing popcorn from a box. Where he got that from, I don't know.

"W-what did you say?" She breathed out, her face held hope that she had either heard the wrong thing or I was only joking. Well, too bad she's about to get disappointed.

"Ava-" Marco started but was cut shut by me.

"Let's just go straight to the point, Marco. Sit Ms Anderson, I don't want you fainting or vomiting on my expensive rug" I said taking a sip from my glass on wine. The burning taste that it left in my throat cannot be compared to the glare she threw at me.

She nodded before sitting down. I tried to tell her this in a more soothing way but no thought was forming.

I leaned forward and took the glass of wine Dante placed before mine which was not ideal for her to drink since it was alcohol.

"When you were eight, your father owed mine a debt that he could never any even if he work hard all his life so our two families signed a contract that in exchange of the debt, you are to marry me once-

"I turned twenty one" She stood up swiftly directly her glare at Marco who was gulping down his saliva. "Did you know about all this, Marco?" She asked calmly, her arms crossing over her chest.

"Ava-"

"Don't. Answer my question" She hissed out in anger but her eyes were pleading to hear that Marco knew nothing about it.

"Yes, that was what I said my brother will tell you" He stood up from his seat trying to hold her, each step he took forward was followed by her taking one backward.

"It was not his place to tell" I said annoyed that each time I try to complete a sentence, she always interrupt.

Dante sighed at his futile attempt to comfort her instead he turned back to me trying to communicate I should do something to ease the tension.

"That w-was years ago. Can this marriage thing be resolved and why will you say he's not my real father?" Her voice sounded choked as she tried to hold back tears.

I wanted to comfort her but I was not used to that kind of feeling and she was also not comfortable being around me so I remained sitted. Hugging her would aggravate the situation, it would be so awkward.

"There is nothing tat can be done about it" I said. If it can be stopped I could have done it a long time ago, I was also not ready to marry.

Especially to a person I don't have feelings for.

"Excuse me and don't follow me" She said pointing fingers at each of us especially Dante who was still busy with the popcorn. She cast a short last glance at me before rushing out of the office.

"Let her be" I said to Marco who wanted to go after her. She needed space to think and clear her thoughts after the loads of information that just dropped on her.

Minutes after she left, Nonna walked into the office, her eyes narrowed "What did you boys do to her?" She yelled out, I flinched seeing the spoon in her hand. Dante quietly slipped from behind her out of the office, I knew he was going after Ava.

We were in for some serious spanking.

Ava Anderson

"Excuse me and don't follow me" I said pointing fingers at each of them. I turned to Mr Sniper once more, he sent a small comforting smile my way but I was not in for that instead I ran out the office.