Setup

Ava Anderson

He rolled his eyes "Whatever. You should be in the dining room" He said, eyes drifting above my shoulders behind me. He was looking at something, most likely someone.

"I went the wrong way" and then, decided to listen to two people who were gossiping about me. I kept the last part to myself.

I stepped aside wanting to walk in the opposite direction I came from but a voice stopped me.

"Ms Anderson, didn't you mother teach you never to eavedrop?" I whirled around to see the intruder, my hairs covering my face in the process is which I tucked behind my ear.

Three pairs of eyes were staring right at me, the only one I was comfortable with was that of Marco.

"Mr Sniper, didn't you mother teach you never to gossip behind someone's back" I countered back, crossing my arms over my chest.

I know I should not be saying this especially when he was helping me which was very odd because I know it is not because of Marco.

Sniper stared blankly at me, it was as of he could see everything that was on my mind.

"She's a keeper" Dante said looking amused.

Marco stepped forward gripping my arm in a way not to hurt me. He nodded towards his brother whose silver eyes were still piercing mine.

"I'll take her down" He said, still holding unto my arm.

I removed my hand away from Marco's grip and began walking away "The name's Mr Romano" Mr Sniper shouted but I made no move to acknowledge that he was heard.

"Is your brother always like that?" I asked Marco lowering my voice so we won't be heard.

"Like how?"

"Void of emotion" We got to the last step, some men were in the living room chatting among themselves. Marco said something in Italian which made them disappear.

"He is not really like that, when you spend time with him you'll realize he is quite friendly" He said pushing the door to the kitchen open.

I nodded in response trying to ignore the part of spending time with Mr Sniper because I don't think that's everything going to happen.

Walking over to the refrigerator, my hand shook as I he,dropping the handle. Like I thought before, I hope it's not human parts that is in here.

After gathering some courage I pulled it opened surprised at what I found inside. Bucket of icecream, chocolates, cookies and other tin food filled the fridge. Even my favorite chocolate was in there but I had to refrain from taking it since it was not mine.

Marco chuckled and came to stand by me "Lorenzo has craving for sugar, it helps keep him at alert" He said.

"Wow" was all I managed to say. I never imagined the big mafia don was someone addicted to sweat things. This must be one of his weakness.

"Don't tell him, he hate when people finds out one of his weakness" Marco said. The door was opened again as some maids entered the kitchen to take the plates into the dining room.

I offered to help the maid that came to inform me in the room because she looked so small to be carrying something that heavy but she refused.

Marco was busy chewing out one of the chocolate stick, the skin around his lips was plastered with it.

"My flight to America was today but your brother kidnapped me, my mother said my father is sick" I said, he stopped chewing looking up at me.

"It was a set up, Ava" Marco said, bringing out his phone from his pocket.