Clue

Ava Romano

My eyes flew opened at the sound of the painful groan coming from my side. I prayed hoping I was laying on the floor back in our room which resulted from Enzo pushing me off the bed in the middle of the night.

I had to face reality.

I adjusted my eyes to the dark room, it was a small room that coukd fit a total of about twelve people if pressed together, the only source of light was coming through a window high up close to the ceiling. I snapped my head to the side, Alice groaned again as she tried to sit up.

"Are you alright?, I'll help you up" I said, crawling over to her. She coughed out spot as we rested our backs to the wall, most of my weight were on my left arm as my right shoulder had been dislocated. I was not worried about whatever condition I was in, Alice was the who needed help.

"We were kidnapped" She stated the obvious. I nodded in response wishing this was a nightmare and I was going to wake up in Enzo's arms secured around me but this was reality.

A squealed escaped my lips as a mice came running under my outstretched legs, it ran to a corner of the room where the rest of it family were making a nice feast. I stared at my palms which were damp and muddy, the least our kidnappers could do was to place us in a nice room.

Enzo did that when he kidnapped me from the airport, the room was- snap out of your thoughts and focus.

"I'm sorry" I muttered, staring at the dim room and the outline of the mice family making shuffling noises with the papers bundled up there. I felt immensely guilty that she was taken along when the plan was me alone.

"Snap out of your mystery, if you are apologizing because I'm here then you shouldn't. We are escaping from the place as soon as I kick their asses" She chuckled. I laughed dryly ignoring the curse word, if anyone were to see us acting this way, they would think they had kidnapped maniacs.

"How are we going to escape when we don't even know where we are in the first place or who we are dealing with?, besides, I'm sure your weapons were removed before we were brought here" I said staring down on my hoodie and shorts from last night which were dirty and torn in some parts.

She took my right arm in a firm grip, I screamed as she pulled the arm while muttering some Italian words.

"Close your eyes" She said in a commanding tone. I wondered what she was planning on doing but obeyed nonetheless. Her hand held my skin close to my shoulder, I let out a subtle scream as my joint was twisted bending my arms in an awkward position. With a crack, my shoulder were tucked in place leaving a lingering pain. It was so much better than having an arms almost floating in the air but I still needed to visit the clinic when all this was over.

"Thank you quack doctor" I said, smiling as she let go, she hummed in response before rested back on the wall. We talked for a long time with her speaking mostly, I was on the receiving end. She was describing her perfect way of escaping when the door was pushed opened.

Three strange men walked into the room before the lights were switched on. The man that stood in the middle stood out, he was probably a young man in his early fifties, the black bags under his eye and wrinkled skin gotten from too much frowning made him look like a seventy year old man. He was wearing an expensive suit and held this aura of confidence in contrast to the other two beside him, I assumed they were his bodyguards.

I glanced at Alice who had a poker expression, there was no sign of that smiling face from just a minute ago. I did the same, I was nervous but this was not the time to show any weakness.

"Well, look what we have here" The leader spoke as he sat on a chair brought by his body.

"The great Ava Anderson or should I say Ava Rossi or Ava Romano, three different names for one person" He chuckled. I squinted my eyes taking in his features, it was like I know him from somewhere.