Explore

Ava Romano

I was pulled out of sleep by the sunlight which seeped through the curtains. The hairs at the back of my neck stood at alert at the awareness that Enzo face was pressed into the side of my neck.

I turned over to get a better view of his perfectly sculpted face, he groaned at my movement, his breathing remained steady which meant he was either still asleep or pretending like he did yesterday.

It had been a week since we arrived at his hotel, I had not gotten enough time to explore the place since we spent most of the days trying to get a clue on who was after my life.

There were two bedrooms in his penthouse, we occupied one with Dante and Alice in the other, Marco created space in the living room where he slept. Dante often teased him about that since he had no girlfriend or anyone he was seeing.

Speaking about Dante, he and Alice were together or almost. Alice was beginning to show this some side I never knew existed, she was always the blunt lady who always tried to hide her dampened emotions but being with him had brought out something new.

Enzo unconsciously tightened his hold on me, my cheek pressed to his chest, I listened to his steady heartbeat which he said beats for me some days ago. I raised my head admiring how peaceful he looked while asleep.

The former him would never have slept so relaxed, his eyebrows were always creased like he was worrying about something with a pursed lips. Now, his eyebrows were in a firm straight line with his long lashes falling unto his cheeks. His nose was slightly crooked which I knew he got from his numerous fights, it still made him handsome. His lips were quirked up in a small smile which was barely noticeable.

This guy was awake.

"Good morning" I greeted. His eyes flew open as he peered down at me, I watched as he roamed over my face until it landed on its final destination, my lips.

"Morning babe" He replied lowering his head to kiss me but I ducked my face downwards in time for the kiss to be placed on my hair. His hold on me loosened, I used that opportunity to get off the bed.

"Morning breath, I don't kiss someone who hasn't brushed" I said mimicking the exact words he used yesterday. He frowned before sitting up on the bed. I almost laughed as he frown widened, he brought his palm closer to his mouth and cupped his nose breathing out to check if he had bad breath.

"Liar" He groaned as he laid his back on the headboard. His right hand rested on his forehead preventing the sun rays while the other took out his phone from the bedside drawer.

The noise coming from the city could be be hard, car horns kept echoing through the air as everyone wanted to escape traffic. Walking into the balcony, I leaned on the railings enjoying the view, I could see a lot of things going down there from being in the top floor.

Couples gathered round the pool either swimming or taking pictures. Some ladies were carrying bags into the spa while other men were gathered around the tennis court cheering whosoever they wanted to win.

"You should get ready, we have a long day ahead" I snapped my neck around at the sudden intrusion. This man doesn't know how to make his presence known without scaring out of me.

He was leaning on the glass door frame, his fingers typing away on his phone. He had been messaging someone since last night, I had a feeling it had nothing to do with business since he preferred calling through Skype.

"Ready for what?" I questioned. He shoved his phone into the short, his eyes roaming over me faking my appearance in. I felt nervous under his intense gaze, I was still in my nightwear which consisted of one of his old shirt and my shorts which was hardly seen since his shirt fell to my thigh. My hair was probably looking like a bird nest, I had it covered yesterday but the nest must have fallen somewhere on the bed.