Broken

Lorennnzo Romano

My voice became muffled as I tried to prevent the tears that were fighting so hard to escape, she was sitted silently while listening. I don't know how she does it, I always want to say everything about me whenever I'm with her.

"That man ultimate goal was to ruin my life and he almost succeeded w-wgen" I wiped the stray tear off my face.

Ava took my right hand, rubbing the back of my palm with her thumb in a soothing way "You don't have to say it if you don't want to" She stated.

"No, I want to get this off my shoulders" I paused "My father killed my mother and little sister and he made me watch while he did it. I was only thirteen when it happened, he came home that night and wanted to use my sister as his punching bag, she was only four.

He got a test from his daughter and found out that Avery was not his biological daughter. I stood in the way preventing him from touching her, that night was brutal. After beating me to the point I couldn't move my body, he dragged me to my mother's room, did the same to her and raped her right in my front.

I was weak, the only thing I could do was cry on the floor listening to her screams. Marco and Nonna had gone out so there was no one to save mom, the maids couldn't also do anything.

That same night, he kept mom and Avery in a car in the middle of no where, a car that explosives in it. I watched from afar how it exploded, the stupid police didn't even come" I breathed out before breaking down in tears.

Ava pulled me in for an hug whispering sweet nothing in my ears. I hugged her tightly not wanting to let her go. It has been years since someone had given this sort of comfort to me.

"Whatever you happened was not your fault Lo- Mr Romano. You were an hero by saving your sister in the first place by taking the pains" She muttered pulling away, I fought the urge to pull her back in, her touch was always soothing.

"Call me Lorenzo" I said after some moment of silence, she was about to argue so I had to add more words "and I'll call you Ava"

"Took you long to say that" She replied barely above a whisper, my phone beeped from my pockets, it was a message I've been expecting for a long time.

I smiled reading it, it was from Dante telling me that my father was in the basement. He sent a picture along the message of my so called father tied unto a pole.

Now was the time to start my revenge

"Don't do it" Ava spoke. She peeped over my shoulders since I turned away so she wouldn't be able to see the picture.

"Don't kill your father. I understand he has cause you and a lot of people pain but te way out of this darkness you are in is by letting go. You can start by seeing a therapist" She moved closer staring me down.

I scoffed "I have seen a therapist and the only thing she did was sell informations about me to the media, she's rotting in her rightful place" I muttered the last part. There was no way anyone would convince me to see any therapist.

"When you kill your father, you'll realize tat you are not satisfied and keep hunting for more blood. You can hand him over to the police and let them do their jobs"

I didn't know when I began laughing like a maniac, she winced removing her hold and moved back in fear.

"I've wanted one thing since that day which is to watch him die. Handing over the mafia down to me was his biggest mistake, I have turned many away from him so he no longer have connections" I replied before sending a text to Dante to keep tormenting the man.