Ride

Ava Anderson

I followed quietly behind Alice who was checking out the cars in Lorenzo's garage. He had told us to take his corolla car but something else was on Alice's mind, she wanted the world to know we had the best car in town.

"Finally, this is the one" Alice announced coming to stand behind a red sport car. I was never a fan a sport cars with the way it races down the road, I've had bad experience with them.

I shook my head dangling the key in hand "Lorenzo didn't-"

"I took his keys" She smiled cheekily, she brought our a bunch of keys from her pocket. I stared at Zoe who was beside me, our eyes silently communicating.

"More like stole" Zoe muttered.

I rounded the car to the driver's side "Lorenzo said I should drive" I said. According to Marco, she was a very dangerous driver and should never be kept behind the wheel.

"Is he here? Nope" She pressed a button which automatically opened the door. I scoffed stepping in beside her, Zoe was at the back seat, a frown etched to her face.

I had not even put the seat belt in place before Alice was racing down the road to the huge gate. I clutched tighter to the belt, my heart beating loudly against my ribcage as we passed the main gate leading to his house.

"Three, two, one, boom" Alice pressed a button loud music came on. I pressed my hand to my ears staring wide eye at her. Red lights and an alarm blasted down the road as she drove down, the trees swiftly moving behind.

Alice smirked throwing a sunglasses on my legs, she lowered the music. "Hold tighter, we have to pass the gates before Lorenzo rings them. He doesn't allow anyone take his babe" She patted the steering wheel.

I screamed in response as she narrowly missed a car that was coming full speed, the only thoughts that was going through my head was whether this was how I was going to die. I would never enter a car again with her behind the wheel, not even a bicycle.

Our car was not the only one speeding down the tiled road, other cars were behind us, each time any got closer, Alice would pressed a button, I could see smoke coming from the cars behind.

"Slow down" Zoe yelled,  I turned my head around. She was equally in shock at the way Alice was driving.

"One minute" Alice screamed in response. The estate gate came into view as she sped a sharp corner. It was closing already, I clutched the chair tight. At the rate in which she was going, we would not make it out or there was going to be an accident.

One of the cars swirled to the car side, the window behind Alice shattered. I heaved a sigh knowing Zoe was sitted behind me, Alice gritted something in Italian before moving the car faster.

"Alice stop" I yelled out. My eyes squeezed shut, head pressing backward into the car seat, Zoe's screaming was the only sound I could hear at the moment.

One

Two

Three.

I slowly opened my eyes, a pronounced sigh leaving my lips. I glanced askance, the closed gate was behind us. Our car was the only one that passed through, I hoped the other cars didn't crash into the gate.

The speed of the car reduced drastically and I had time to breath, I wiped the sweet off my forehead, the air conditioner was blasting through yet I was sweating.

"W-what was that?" I breath out. We were far gone from the trees, the blaring sound coming from the estate was only a low beep.

"That was magic" Alice said , she raised her head laughing at my bewildered expression. I glanced briefly at Zoe who was staring at Alice, I imagined what we going through her head. I thought Marco was joking when he said this cousin has a crazy character.