Grandmother

Ava Romano

                                           Two weeks later.

"Can you just tell him I'm out of the country and don't know when I'll be back?" Enzo paused listening to whatever the person on the other end had to say.

"Suspend all my schedules for the next one month" He groaned before cutting the call not waiting for what the person had to say.

"Who was that?" I asked turning away from the window. He flashed me a forced smile which didn't reach his eyes.

"My assistant. We have this client that wants to partner with us and imagine him giving us conditions when we are the one investing in his company" He said and leaned further into the seat.

We were both on our way to the airport, Enzo's maternal grandmother had called two weeks ago to inform us we had to visit her urgently and she was living in another country. We wanted to leave two days after but things came up, we thought we had a clue that would lead is to whosoever was after our lives, as usual, it lead to a dead end.

Enzo had been tirelessly working day and night, he had the mafia to run which was putting so much weight on him especially with the police on our tail and he also controlled the chains of hotels he and Marco built.

Dante was left out of it so he could resolve the issue with Alice, I must confess, that was very sweet of Enzo. Marco was on some business trip and Zoe had to visit her mother who had fallen ill again.

"Tell me about your grandmother" I stated smiling down at him, he once said my smile was like a medicine that always brighten us his day so I would always give him that.

He sighed "I don't know if she has changed because the last time I saw her was about two years ago. She often called to visit but I always find an excuse" He answered.

"Why?"

"She reminds me so much of my mother, they are carbon copy of each other" He brought my hand forward placing a gentle kiss on it, it was a new habit of his especially when he's tired.

"Back to your question. She's wry, cunny, always wanted things to be done her way, anything along the lines. She has a,ways hated my father from the moment she met him and she made sure he knew it. She's also kind when you get to know her and lastly, she's beautiful but I can assure you no one beats your beauty" He chuckled kissing my hand against, my face was flushed as a result of his comment.

I blushed when I saw the driver staring at us through the mirror, he focused back to the road so as not to embara said me any further.

"I never got to meet my father's mother but I met my mother's. She was a short, round woman be she made sure no one else ever intimidated her. While growing, I dreaded spending most of the holidays with her. She was so strict, had a lot of rules one must abide, she even had feeding timetable" I told him.

He laughed, this time around I was glad it was a genuine one "Who does that?" He asked a rhetorical question.

"Her obviously. She always made sure I wore long dress that swept the floor, slept at exactly 8pm, exercise every morning because I was really fat back then, she even introduced me to a family friend who attended her church and said u was going to marry their son" I smiled remembering the day She fidgeting that, it was so embarrassing.

I avoided their son whenever I visited cause he was always talking about weird stuff we were going to do once we got married.

"Judging by how you refer her in past tense, I guess she's dead" Enzo said more like asking a question. I nodded but had to use wards since he was on his phone.