Suspect(s)

Ava Anderson

Never would I have thought my attention would be needed in Mr Sniper's office. I had just arrived from the hospital and was about to go to sleep since I didn't get enough of that last night when Marco informed me his brother needed to speak with me.

For what reason? That I don't know.

This was definitely not how I planned my day to be.i sat behind the dressing desk in the room staring at my self in the mirror. I don't look too bad except for the black eye I had die to lack of sleep.

Thankfully, the painkiller I took in the morning worked as expected if not, I would be in bed right not not caring whether my attention was needed somewhere or not.

I pulled off the band holding my hair together making it fall to my waist, this way I look better. After padding my face with some makeup, I left the room.

Marco was leaning on the wall by the door. I smiled apologetically not knowing he had been waiting for me, he lead the way to Mr Sniper's office which was few doors away from my room.

"Wait!" I exclaimed stopping Marco from opening the door to the office. I took a deep breath trying to control my emotions which were flying around. Dante told me that my emotions could be read from a mile away and I don't want Mr Sniper reading me like a book.

Isn't that what happens in all mafia books, the don can read all emotions and thoughts?

"Are you okay?" Marco asked looking worried. "We can just go-"

"No, let's go in. I'm fine" I stared nodding towards the door. I was met with a dark themed room when the door was opened. From the fluffy rug in the middle on the office, to the couch, the walls, even the work of art on te right side of the wall, then finally, the man sitted behind the desk in a dark coloured suit.

I grimaced at the way I caught him staring at me. I lowered my gaze to the following moving forward behind Marco and sat on one of the seat behind the desk. The only person that could, didn't ease the tension in here was not here and even though I hate to admit it especially knowing him for less than fourth eight hours, I was missing his presence.

Mr sniper cleared his throat but my gaze was on my nails which needs some manicure. The last time I went to a-

"Ms Anderson?" He called. I looked up from my nails to Mr Sniper who wore his blank expression.

"I called you here to discuss an issue we have which was the reason why I brought you to my house'"

"Kidnapped. You kidnapped me" I corrected him. It's funny where I don't know where the confidence was coming from when I was nervous few seconds ago.

For the first time, I got an expression out of him. It was that of anger but as quickly as it came, it was replaced with a smile.

A smile that sent shivers running down my spine, his silver eyes scanned my face which was making me uncomfortable.

"I do not like being interrupted Ms Anderson. Also, I risked my life saving you out there so you should be grateful" He said, his voice was calm but held a stern warning behind it.

The door flew opened banging against the wall. I flinched feeling sad for those poor hinges.

Dante strolled in with an air of confidence, a tray with four glass and a wine in hand. The place became silent as we all awaited what he wanted to do.

He placed a glass in front of everyone before popping the wine and pouring in each glass. The strong scent made me know it was alcohol.

"I figure out someone might need a drink" He said throwing pointed looks at Mr Sniper who was probably angry but managed to maintain this calm demeanour.

"Ava, you will need that" He said leaning forward, I had not had time to react as a swift kiss was placed on my cheek. I pushed his face away glaring hard at him

"Dante" Mr Sniper called, he rubbed his hand on his forehead trying to smoothen the crease that was forming. He then said something in Italian.

"Whatever" Dante responded rolling his eyes dramatically before going to seat on one of the two couch in the office.

"So back to what I was saying" Mr Sniper started "Ms Anderson-"

"Call me Ava, Ms Anderson makes me feel like an old person" I said interrupting him. Mr Sniper fist clenched in a ball, Marco reached over taking my hand in his as he squeezed it tightly.

Remind me not to interrupt this man again.

"Ms Anderson. Someone is after your life but we are yet to find out who because whosoever the person is left all traces" Mr Sniper paused as he took a sip of the wine.

"We have listed out the possible suspects and I have my men watching them but we don't want to jump into conclusions. Marco suggested that I bring you into the matter since it involves you" He stated.

I folded my lips since that was what he was stating at when talking, maybe it was the new lip gloss I tried that was making him gaze there.

His gaze did not waver, a small smile played on his face even after knowing he was making me uncomfortable.

"These are the likely suspects who are after your life" He stated taking his eyes away as he arranged some picture on the piles of files on the table.

I did not recognize any of the men in the pictures except one.

"This is my father and he can't be after my life" I said picking up one of the picture, how can this man think that my father is capable of bringing harm my way?

If not that he rescued me back at the airport, he would have been my number one suspect.

Dante laughed out from his positing on the couch before Marco shut his up with some Italian words. I wish I knew how to speak Italian.

"Well, your father seems like the main suspect here" Mr Sniper smirked as he rolled his seat backward.

I shot up from the seat pulling my hand out of Marco's hold "This is my father we are talking about here. Give me a valid reason why here" I yelled out, I was beyond livid and shouting at a mafia boss would most likely lead to my death but that is my not concern.

"Ava, please seat and let's talk this out" Marco begged as he tried to reach out to me but I moved backwards glaring at each one of them.

The next set of words had my head spinning.

"He isn't your biological father, he signed a marriage contract with my father that you should be married to me once you turn twenty one" Mr Sniper said.

Vote
Comment
Share ❤