Kidnapped

Ava Anderson

I became aware of my body even before I flustered my eyes opened. The soft bed and pillow I laid upon was nothing compared to the one at my home. Even the ceiling above made me know that this was indeed not my home.

It was then I remembered the last place I had been was the airport washroom.

I sat up on the bed scanning the room until my eyes landed on the maid who was cleaning the room window glass.

"Where am I?" I asked rolling over to the other side of the bed, I did not know how large the bed was and in the next moment, I landed on the floor groaning out in pain as it was my left arm I fell upon.

The maid was by my side immediately, she tried to pull me up but I flinched and moved away from her reach "mio dio lascia Che ti aiuti" She said in italian looking at me worriedly (my goodness, let me help you).

I shifted further until my back was pressed against the wall. My elbow in which I fell upon was getting reddish in colour and the arm was hurting so much.

"Where am I?" I asked again looking round the room. The wall was painted black with some splash of gold, the bed in which I fell from had the same colour of sheets.

Almost all the furniture in the room was dark themed, this was surely not hotel room because the colour alone will scare customers away.

The maid picked up her cleaning tools and left the room. I got up from my crouched position cradling my elbow that was forming a bruise.

I went over to the door in hope that it would be opened, to my suprised it was closed and I had not heard the clicking from the otherside.

It dawned on me that I was kidnapped.

That same man that entered my flat kidnapped me. Whatever his intentions are, I hope it does not involve my death or that of my loved ones.

"Lord, please help me" I kept repeating quietly, my palms rubbing against my dress nervously.

How was it even kidnapped from a place full of cameras?

I left the door handle and went into the room opposite the main door, it was bathroom and of course, everything in here was the same dark colour like the main room itself even the tiles.

A large mirror that occupied one part of the wall from gbenga ceiling to the floor showed my reflection, I looked like a clown. My hair was scattered making it look like a bird nest, my lipstick was smashed at the corners of my lips.

I wanted to wash my face but there was different buttons on the sink which was not normally found in any normal toilet.

Then again, this place was not normal.

The fact that I was kidnapped and yet I did not feel at risk was even making me worried, my mind was calm and there was not panicking.

Someone opened the door in the main room, fortunately for me there was an empty alcoholic bottle by the toilet seat. I picked it up and hid behind the door, God help me that whosoever this was going to hit won't die.

One thing people know about me was that whenever I hit, I hit hard.

My breath hitched as the footsteps drew closer, it was slow and of a particular rhythm. Whosoever it was stopped just behind the door as if he or she was contemplating whether to enter or not.

The door handle moved.

It all happened so fast, the man that kidnapped me enter the room and the next second he was groaning in pain on te floor. I screamed in fear and jump over his body exiting the room.